T Time

Post details of your T gauge layouts and the progress you are making.
tjfiii

T Time

Post by tjfiii »

Hello,

Tom here. I’m new to T Gauge and am just starting my first layout. It’s based on the Beachcomber starter set with a bit of track added for a better fit with the cocktail table that it will eventually call home.

Excited to join the forum. There’s a wonderful amount of information here and it’s such a great source of inspiration - the layouts are incredible. Thanks to all.

While waiting on delivery of the last few bits and pieces to get going, I spent some time building a few houses. I’m quite happy with the first attempt:

FirstThreeHouses.jpg
FirstThreeHouses.jpg (448.17 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
More to come.

kajovog

Re: T Time

Post by kajovog »

That looks great. I like those card-stock kits. Instant gratification :D

ledahu

Post by ledahu »

great ! where did you get this sort of card ?

tjfiii

Post by tjfiii »

Thanks! These kits are from CustomZScales. They have a product section for T-Gauge:
https://customzscales.com/collections/t-gauge-1-450

kajovog

Post by kajovog »

I made a video about one of the "kits"

tjfiii

Post by tjfiii »

Enjoyed the video and completely agree with the review. Getting ready to tackle the gas station next.

In other news, construction is underway! The layout measures 1220mm x 400mm and is being built on primed MDF. I spent some time printing a track plan to get a proper fit and decided to create a shoreline using 1.5mm plastic sheet to get a nice contour and a hard edge for the waterscape paint.

Template1.png
Template1.png (183.01 KiB) Viewed 255 times
The entire layout is going to be elevated to create dimension and provide the opportunity to create some rock walls, bridges, tunnels and a spot for a lighthouse. I cut some squares of plastic to keep things level.

Template2.png
Template2.png (278.26 KiB) Viewed 255 times
The pilings are made out of artist foam core - now that I see this picture having so many may have been be overkill, but it’s really light and better to have a firm base for the track and scenery.

Template3.jpg
Template3.jpg (132.61 KiB) Viewed 255 times
More artist foam core to top things off - you can see the outcropping for the lighthouse on the lower right and the beginnings of the space for a bridge. Time to let all this cure…

Template4.jpg
Template4.jpg (86.74 KiB) Viewed 255 times

tjfiii

Post by tjfiii »

The track is in place. I coated the tips of 13mm black track nails with a bit of PVA to attach the fixing plates. The nails pushed easily into the foam core and hold really well. Added a cutout for a lake and more foam core to rough out the additional elevation.

Template5.png
Template5.png (142.88 KiB) Viewed 76 times
Template7.jpg
Template7.jpg (110.1 KiB) Viewed 76 times

kajovog

Post by kajovog »

That looks really good. Looking forward to see more of your progress.