N gauge miniature rolling stock

Post details of your rolling stock developments - locomotive, carriages, DMUs, etc.
westernsultan

N gauge miniature rolling stock

Post by westernsultan »

These are for my new layout "Seen Better Days" which as N gauge scenery and a miniature railway running around a park, This uses T gauge track and stock and would equate to an 18in gauge miniature railway in full scale. I bought RTR chassis from Tgauge.com and a friend of mine who is an excellent modeller has made the carriages. The next stage is to have some N gauge people in them.

The first type of which I have two are from 44 mm scratch building set ref.025. The bodies have been removed and so has the weight, then the new body and seats have been made from scratch as a permanent part of the carriage, so not removable. Each carriage could take 16 people but as the area will be redeveloped, not many people visit the park so the trains will not run to capacity
Attachments
IMG_1737.JPG

westernsultan

Re: N gauge miniature rolling stock

Post by westernsultan »

Here's my second type of carriage of which I only have the one. It's made from the JNR12' container wagon set ref.041B. Now I'm sure some people could 3D print this type of carriage body, but my friend is a true scratch build modeller and has removed the containers and weights, plus he has added some liquid lead to the carriage as again the model is fixed as one unit. This would have a capacity to carry 12 people but again it's not going to be running at capacity due to low footfall at the park
Attachments
IMG_1734.JPG

DanMacK

Re: N gauge miniature rolling stock

Post by DanMacK »

Awesome! Love it. I assume they're going to be populated with figures?