Seen Better days

Post details of your T gauge layouts and the progress you are making.
westernsultan

Seen Better days

Post by westernsultan »

Text Aug 2020
Seen Better days is hopefully going to be a n gauge miniature railway in a park using T gauge as the miniature railway. Today the track was built on a spare table and my new class 67 locomotive ran to check it out. Although it ran well, it struggled to pull 2 MKI coaches around the small radius curves. By contrast my garden railway locomotive seems to have more power but constantly uncoupled.
I’m going to have to have a rethink and probably will need to get rid of the long spur siding, so that I can increase the track radius – not a good start.
Attachments
IMG_1598.JPG

westernsultan

Re: Seen Better days

Post by westernsultan »

Having bought more T gauge track this is the third and final track plan for my N gauge miniature railway. It just fits in the space available. The class 67 pulls 3 MK1 coaches around the oval, but struggles with 4 so should pull a couple of miniature railway coaches if I can build them. I'm now going to have to change the plans for the original N gauge scenery I had in mind.
Attachments
IMG_1601.JPG

westernsultan

Post by westernsultan »

So here's the first picture of my N gauge miniature railway using the track plan from this morning
Attachments
IMG_1604.JPG

westernsultan

Post by westernsultan »

So here we are at the start of September with most of the scenery in place and chassis sent to a friend to see if he can build me some miniature railway carriages.
Attachments
picture 6.JPG

westernsultan

Post by westernsultan »

I have been running round the class 67 and 2 carriages without their bodies which will become miniature railway carriages for this N gauge scene in due course. Also a good opportunity to move buildings around to see which I like best
Attachments
DSC_3254.JPG

westernsultan

Post by westernsultan »

So my customised N gauge miniature carriages arrived this morning and here are 2 pictures of them being tested. I'll put more details on the customised rolling stock thread
IMG_1728.JPG
IMG_1725.JPG

westernsultan

Post by westernsultan »

some test formation - different locomotive
Attachments
IMG_1740.JPG

DanMacK

Post by DanMacK »

Nice looking layout! Is the bus a motion simulator ride?

westernsultan

Post by westernsultan »

The bus is meant to be a simulator brought in to thrill people by pretending to be a bus going downhill out of control, but as you can see it's closed due to lack of customers. It's a N gauge 1:150 3D model from Outland models based in China and available on Ebay. Apart from the miniature railway all the scenery is N gauge. For the bus I left on some of the bits of plastic and aded more so it looked like a simulator. Then added some N gauge fencing, and painted it - glad you like the layout - I've always wanted to make a N gauge miniature railway but the carriages have always been the sticking point.
Attachments
IMG_1609.JPG

westernsultan

Post by westernsultan »

we have passengers including some lads who refuse to take their feet off the seats
Attachments
IMG_1767a.JPG