Real Object to 3D Print

Here's the place for discussions about those 3D creations for Tguage...and lets not forget the trials and tribulations of designing and printing.
NCSophie

Real Object to 3D Print

Post by NCSophie »

I have looked at and played with some of the 3D modeling programs out there and they seem to be the type of project that I do not have the time, skill set nor patience to master. Does anyone have any experience using the software that can take a series of 2D photographs and convert them to a 3D rendering? I played with one this weekend that took 50 pictures of a subject taken from different angles and stitched them all together into a very nice looking 3D photo. The next step would be to get it into a format that could be sent to a printer.

I am just getting started in T and would like to more with my Z scale, this process seems like it would kill two birds with one stone. Do the Z scale model and then print at 50% scale for T Gauge.
Sophie B
Dismal Creek Railroad

NCSophie

Re: Real Object to 3D Print

Post by NCSophie »

Oh, and I should probably mention that I don't actually even have a 3D printer, (yet) but I'm thinking that for these smaller scales a resin printer would likely have a better resolution.

Thanks
Sophie B
Dismal Creek Railroad