My unnamed guitar case layout is finished

Post details of your T gauge layouts and the progress you are making.
Towers

My unnamed guitar case layout is finished

Post by Towers »

I've pretty much finished my layout now. Just got to think of a name for it. Something like Stratfield or Fenderton or Fenderford.
DSCN0723.JPG
DSCN0723.JPG (88.42 KiB) Viewed 11783 times
IMG_0855.JPG
IMG_0855.JPG (119.8 KiB) Viewed 11782 times
IMG_1012.JPG
IMG_1012.JPG (325.76 KiB) Viewed 11782 times
IMG_1013-2.JPG
IMG_1013-2.JPG (112.8 KiB) Viewed 11782 times

jesse6669

Re: My unnamed guitar case layout is finished

Post by jesse6669 »

Awesome!

NeilM

Post by NeilM »

Seconded! You have really nailed the scenery to work with the scale, and having correctly fenced track is also very impressive.
Neil

T gauge items in my Shapeways shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/t450

barneyadi

Post by barneyadi »

A great looking layout. Did you use scatter materials for the scenery?

Towers

Post by Towers »

Thanks guys :)
barneyadi wrote:A great looking layout. Did you use scatter materials for the scenery?

I used Woodland Scenics green flock I think. The trees are from a chinese website and the bushes are woodland scenics underbrush medium green.

The fencing is 1:450 Japanese ship railing.

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

I've just received a couple of packs of the Japanese ship railing. Its when you get down to these sort of details that you realise how blooming small this gauge is!! :shock: :shock:
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk

jesse6669

Post by jesse6669 »

Re. the trees/ground cover: I also got some of the Chinese trees "by the bag". They look good I think, but the green is a little to vivid.. I'm planning on knocking it down a bit with some airbrushed "dust" or "khaki" .. that should serve to blend things together a bit.

mattd10

Post by mattd10 »

I love this layout...looks fantastic! The attention to detail is great as well....something that's very easy to disregard in this scale but looks great when done well!

I think I have a very similar set of trees to this...absolute bargain! Great to see how they look in-situ!

nscaler69

Post by nscaler69 »

Towers, the white painted Terrace houses that you used are they the ones from Shapeways Yeswac's T Gauge Models. If so how were they to use and paint etc.

Towers

Post by Towers »

nscaler69 wrote:Towers, the white painted Terrace houses that you used are they the ones from Shapeways Yeswac's T Gauge Models. If so how were they to use and paint etc.
They are indeed Yeswacs terraced houses, the shops on the street are Yeswac's too. I used a few buildings from Shapeways.

They were relatively easy to paint. I've been painting warhammer models for years and I used Citadel paints to paint my buildings. They require a light scrub with a toothbrush as you would with a resin model, some of my 3d stuff from shapeways has come with a weird transparent goo on it. After that I just painted straight onto it.

The buildings from shapeways can be quite fragile due to the thin walls. I also had a warped wall on one of my shop buildings which I managed to hide, I don't think it was fixable, I just hid it.

I did a test with lighting but the material is too transparent and the whole building glowed regardless of walls so I gave up on that idea.

mattd10

Post by mattd10 »

I love those terraced houses! Ordered myself some and a few of yeswacs other items aswell!
If you wanted to light them up, you could try making an inner lining out of card with window holes to stop light leaking out so much.
What have you used for your pavements and roads? They look great.

Sent from mobile device

Towers

Post by Towers »

mattd10 wrote:I love those terraced houses! Ordered myself some and a few of yeswacs other items aswell!
If you wanted to light them up, you could try making an inner lining out of card with window holes to stop light leaking out so much.
What have you used for your pavements and roads? They look great.

Sent from mobile device
I used scalescenes N scale roads and pavements and scaled it down when I printed it. I cocked up the pavement for the terrace houses and its to the wrong scale, the paving slabs are too big.

scottmitchell74

Post by scottmitchell74 »

I love the legos on the roof. Nice touch!