failcase simplest of all the builds.

Post details of your T gauge layouts and the progress you are making.
caitlin

Re: failcase simplest of all the builds.

Post by caitlin »

Cooling tower is 80mm tall.

I've got a smidge further with electronics and have an arduino uno connected to JMRI. JMRI sees it and I can turn a light on and off with a physical button and in software. Not terribly exciting but I hope I can use it to interface a few things, street lighting, something I don't know if it will work or look cool if it does and tentatively I *hope* I might be able to do detection with it, although how much use that would be for a loop this simple I don't know, in station stop start might be fun. Block detection is going a bit far, but I will want for my next layout when I've made some mistakes with this one.

Printing things has stalled a bit as the resolution is a challenge for the printer, I've been trying to get a grantry bridge, but all the ways I've tried to print other people's stl files at a smaller scale have ended up in snappy failure. I either need to work out how to increase wall thickness whilst scaling down or just design my own in a printable and assembleable format that works this small.

I'm enjoying starting to paint little things like this
and I've trimmed the track bed to size but not solved any way to support it at the right height or attach it into a coherent physical loop
I'm really missing actually running a train round it :(

caitlin

Post by caitlin »

It's been a wee while, but I've not been idle. I've been working on two things.
One a kind of steamy smokey affair:
Which needs something to lower the volts a touch or PWM it to be a little less 'fast' I need to sort some relays for the arduino.

The other thing is attached to the raspberry pi which is also running JMRI and it's a drive in movie theatre which is completely not to scale but I don't care.

Now I must get on with some kind of terrain moddelling to sit these things in.

martink

Post by martink »

I have seen people do some interesting modelling tricks with smoke generators, but never water vapour from a model cooling tower. Nice one!