Modifying Eishindo buildings

The three Ts. Lift the lid on the secrets of how you do things so others can have a go.....
DavidTheMad

Modifying Eishindo buildings

Post by DavidTheMad »

I think most modellers would agree that the standard Eishindo buildings, although of excellent quality, are not represntative of British outline.
In the "Eishindo Building Set B", from tgauge.com, there is an L-shaped building with a balcony. I have modified two of them to be Tudor builings in style.

This meant roughing up the roofs and painting as thatch, and then painting the exposed beams onto the building wall. I then modified the windows to be mullions in style, and added chimneys. They look very diffferent when compared to the standard Eishindo models.

Let me know what you think, please.
Attachments
Tudor Houses 004AA.jpg
Tudor Houses 003AA.jpg
Tudor Houses 003AA.jpg (74.5 KiB) Viewed 99 times
Tudor Houses 002AA.jpg
Tudor Houses 002AA.jpg (83.53 KiB) Viewed 99 times

DavidTheMad

Re: Modifying Eishindo buildings 02

Post by DavidTheMad »

I have also painted another building, from Eishindo Building Set A. the house with the pyramid roof, French windows and balcony. The one I used had to have the walls painted white, the roof painted green, and I had an Art Deco-style house. I painted climbing roses on the walls as well.

Let me know what you think, please. By the way the garage is a small house stolen from the Monopoly game!!!

David
Attachments
Art Deco House 003 with garage AA.jpg
Art Deco House 002 with garage AA.jpg
Art Deco House 001 with garage AA.jpg