T Scale EMD FP7 with goods wagons

Post details of your rolling stock developments - locomotive, carriages, DMUs, etc.
grahame

T Scale EMD FP7 with goods wagons

Post by grahame »

After the ill fated F7 project, the FP7 body does fit the 16M chassis..just..it's a bit of a tight fit but does go in. Here is the finished FP7 again in Norfolk and Western livery with two limestone goods wagons. Thanks again to Alan at TGauge.com for sending parts to reassemble the chassis.

British exPat in Houston, Texas.

NeilM

Re: T Scale EMD FP7 with goods wagons

Post by NeilM »

Looking good, and seeing a train running could be just the inspiration I need to actually get on with my own layout.

Also a big thank you to you for giving feedback on which shells will work with the chassis. I had been thinking of getting an F7 shell for a while, but had just never got round to it. Looks like I had a narrow escape! But now I know the FP7 will work I may get round to ordering one.
Neil

T gauge items in my Shapeways shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/t450

grahame

Re: T Scale EMD FP7 with goods wagons

Post by grahame »

No problem there Neil. The FP7 is still a pretty tight fit but I was able to get it in. Here's the problem..if you get the motorised chassis wedged in there and it will not go all the way you have to pull it out. Since you can only pull the bottom half of the chassis, and since the top half is stuck up inside the body..what you end up doing is pulling the chassis apart..which destroys (as in stretch beyond all hope of return) those tiny gold springs. I think if this does happen...you could unhook them all before pulling the damn thing out..but that is a big hassle. I did also trim off those two little pegs on one end of the chassis, as has to be done for the Class 42 Warship from Shapeways.

Good luck!
British exPat in Houston, Texas.