Good News: Possibility of new track planning software

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.
PolarExcess

Good News: Possibility of new track planning software

Post by PolarExcess »

I understand that AnyRail is the only tracking planning software currently available for T-Gauge. I inquired Milen Peev, author of Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller (SCARM) regarding SCARM's capability for T-Gauge planning. The author stated that "there is no T-gauge library in SCARM, but such will appear in some of the next versions of the program." :D :D :D

This is excellent news for T-Gauge modelers! SCARM is already known as an excellent & FREE tracking planning tool for other model scales. Keep an eye out! I have used SCARM for my O-Scale layout planning and can vouch for its utility. :D :D :D

http://www.scarm.info

PolarExcess

Re: Good News: Possibility of new track planning software

Post by PolarExcess »

Even more good news. :D :D :D

The author of SCARM contacted me & requested the specifications of available T-Gauge track, joiners, turn outs, etc., so that geometry data can be entered into the SCARM library. I've emailed all requested info.

We're one step closer to having free T-Gauge track planning. In case your wondering what I'm talking about, visit: http://www.scarm.info

:D :D :D

Webskipper

Re: Good News: Possibility of new track planning software

Post by Webskipper »

PolarExcess wrote:I understand that AnyRail is the only tracking planning software currently available for T-Gauge.
For Windows? Maybe true.

RailModeller .com will let you model railroad and slot car layouts on your Mac.

Build your layouts by simply dragging tracks from the libraries and plug them together right on your Mac's screen! Try different variations, organize layouts into layers, assign different heights and grades to tracks. Preview layouts in 3D - even with automatic terrain - and finally print in full, 1:1 scale.

Most recent update included a lot. Still no s-curves so I used the turnout for spacing and used 2 R145 curves and a 30mm straight to simulate the S-curve in place of the turnout.

TGauge is still a novelty to some so you will find it under the Custom Scale. I have complained about it.

I have used this software for N, Z & T.
It's alright to be itty bitty, runnin' itty bitty trains around an itty bitty city.