T gauge rail supplier

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.
SmallCentral

Re: T gauge rail supplier

Post by SmallCentral »

Super Doug 8-)

jkneiling

Post by jkneiling »

Thanks, Doug! Are you going to try a different pizza every night?

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

Are you going to try a different pizza every night?
Damn! I never thought of that!!! :D :D

I could have thrown in a free slice with each order! ;)
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk

SmallCentral

Post by SmallCentral »

Order placed 8-) I will show you my work with the rail asap 8-)
Thank you very much Doug .

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

Jus a quick note for anyone who has ordered, or is considering ordering any rail.....I now have the shipment boxes and will be dispatching from tomorrow.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk

Nutter

Post by Nutter »

Will be interested to see how people get on with this rail and if people manage to sort out decent points/switches.
Mike
DON'T knock it at least I am trying to do something, with only one good hand.

Reith01

Post by Reith01 »

Nutter wrote:Will be interested to see how people get on with this rail and if people manage to sort out decent points/switches.
It'll be my last ditch attempt with this scale and not something I relish. I had hoped that commercial products would actually work so that I could concentrate on
building up the scenic. All pretty disappointing. Everything takes so much time. It looks like everything bar building the rolling stock has to be done from scratch.

SmallCentral

Post by SmallCentral »

Received this morning with "the" free slice of pizza ;) That smells oil like i love and the look is superbe 8-) Very magnetic :twisted: Tnank you very much Doug .
Let's go ...

SmallCentral

Post by SmallCentral »

The thickness of the rail allows the same job with the piano wire 8-) For turnouts , it will be fantastic :twisted:

NeilM

Post by NeilM »

Doug,

Do you have any photos of the rail, end on from close enough to show the cross section?

I ask because I have just joined the 2mm association and plan to build some of their point kits. They use code 40 rail, either soldered to copper clad sleepers, or alternatively held in moulded plastic chairs. Once I get round to trying one or both of these methods it may show me the way (and give me the confidence to try) building to T gauge using similar methods.
Neil

T gauge items in my Shapeways shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/t450

jkneiling

Post by jkneiling »

Doug,

Just got the rail - it looks great! Very authentic. I am trying to get some head, web and foot measurements so I can design chairs, but it is tricky. Can you ask the suppliers? It looks sort of like 2mm rail.

Thanks,

John

ivanf

Post by ivanf »

me too... I think the foot is about .7mm across but it would be nice to know what the proper dimensions where...

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

The rail is the same profile as the Code 40 rail that is available form the 2mm Society; its from the same manufacturer.

Measurements have confirmed the dimensions I have been given: Rail height 0.040 in; foot and head width 0.020 in
Doug Kightley

ivanf

Post by ivanf »

thanks Doug... now I know how big it is I'll see if I can measure it and get the numbers to come out right... :)

jkneiling

Post by jkneiling »

Thank you, Doug!

NeilM

Post by NeilM »

dkightley wrote:The rail is the same profile as the Code 40 rail that is available form the 2mm Society
In that case the moulded individual chairs sold by the 2mm association (unfortunately to members only) would be usable with the rail. These are the chairs used in the latest easy-build 2mmfs point kits.

The chair size would of course be to 2mm scale, but it is possible that this would be the smallest size that is feasible to still have the strength to grip the rail. On the other hand it may be possible to produce 3d printed chair smaller. I guess only experiment and trail and error would prove this.
Neil

T gauge items in my Shapeways shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/t450

Nutter

Post by Nutter »

Quick question to those who have purchased rail so far - what are you doing for rail joiners?
Mike
DON'T knock it at least I am trying to do something, with only one good hand.