T gauge rail supplier

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.
SmallCentral

Re: T gauge rail supplier

Post by SmallCentral »

jkneiling wrote:Wow, that looks great! I noticed the unpainted ties on the jpg. Is that from a 3D printer, or is there a source for this?
Thank you ;) I cut my ties in a styrene sheet with a craft robot "Caméo Shilouette" .

ivanf

Post by ivanf »

Hi Doug,

To start with I'd be interested in a couple of bits to see if I could get printed points working with them.

SmallCentral

Post by SmallCentral »

If I don't use piano wire , I would need about 70 meters .

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

I cut my ties in a styrene sheet with a craft robot "Caméo Shilouette" .
Now that's interesting....I may have to investigate that.

What thickness styrene sheet have you been able to cut with your Cameo??
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk

SmallCentral

Post by SmallCentral »

The Caméo is able to cut 0.25mm ( 0.010") styrene and precut 0.5mm (0.020") styrene .

barneyadi

Post by barneyadi »

'd have some interest like other, cost etc always interesting.

jkneiling

Post by jkneiling »

Of course I am very interested!!!

jkneiling

Post by jkneiling »

I could use between 50 and 100 meters - thanks for all your effort in tracking this down!

Reith01

Post by Reith01 »

I could commit to about 10 metres. I've an amount of scrap left over from the layout which will anyway have to change so there'll be more scrap. And it is contingent on getting working points.

Thanks for letting me know.

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

Okay....here's the current situation.

I have secured a supply of Code 40 steel rail and I'm awaiting confirmation of my order. As soon as I receive the rail, I'll be able to sort out how I'm going to be able to ship rail out. I know its in 10 metre lengths, but don't know how big or small each roll of rail is...so I'll need to sort out packaging, etc before I can announce the cost per 10m length.

I'm going to reserve a roll for myself as I'm wanting to have a bit of a play. I have an idea floating in my head that I want to experiment with........ ;)
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk

SmallCentral

Post by SmallCentral »

Doug , you say "roll" . Is' it real code 40 rail with the right profile or a flat wire :?:

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

Its Code 40 bullhead rail....and perhaps I should have used the term "coil" rather than "roll".
Doug Kightley

SmallCentral

Post by SmallCentral »

Thank you for the precisions .
I didn't know that the rails can be sold rolled .

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

I'll wait and see how the rail comes..it's more than likely going to be loosely coiled in a large plastic bag rather than wound onto some form of spool, etc.

I've seen the rail sold online in 18 inch lengths to get round postal restrictions. Anyone who's received flexitrack from TGauge.com will have received it in a large pizza box (new...not used!).
Doug Kightley

Reith01

Post by Reith01 »

dkightley wrote: I've seen the rail sold online in 18 inch lengths to get round postal restrictions. Anyone who's received flexitrack from TGauge.com will have received it in a large pizza box (new...not used!).
I know. I did ask TGauge.com if they'd make it a Hawaiian but they said they only did Pepperoni Flexitrack.

:mrgreen:

jkneiling

Post by jkneiling »

I had been planning on flat-bottom, but maybe this will work out. It wouldn't hurt to try 10 meters. What is the material - ferritic stainless steel?
Thanks for your research!

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

A quick update......I'm still awaiting delivery of the stock of rail profile.

As soon as it arrives, I'll be able to get it added to the forum shop.....
Doug Kightley

jkneiling

Post by jkneiling »

Thanks, Doug - Can you tell us what the material is, for instance, ferritic stainless steel?

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

Can you tell us what the material is, for instance, ferritic stainless steel?
Unfortunately, all I know is that the material is steel and it has magnetic properties. I might see if I can find out what the exact steel grade is.....
Doug Kightley

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

Okay, guys....The rail has arrived! And It's available to order via the shop....in Miscellaneous>TaklingTGauge Offers.

The rail is in 10 metre lengths and is priced at £7.20 per length. As I'll have to ship the rail out is pizza style boxes via parcel post, unfortunately there will have to be a postage surcharge PER ORDER of £2.00. The shop price includes this surcharge, however if you order more than one length, the £2.00 surcharge on the second and subsequent length will be discounted in your shopping basket.

Note also, there will be lots of space in the box to take plenty of 3D printed buildings ...with no extra postage cost incurred!

PS As I now need to await the pizza boxes, I won't be able to start dispatching until early to mid next week......
Doug Kightley