Trainaidsa

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.
Reith01

Trainaidsa

Post by Reith01 »

Just received a sad note from a member of the Narayan family who ran this firm.

"We regret to inform you that Adarsh Narayan passed away on August 21, 2015. This email account will no longer be regularly checked or maintained. A family member will periodically monitor this account for any urgent matters for the coming weeks."

I learned this from receiving a refund for an order I placed.
Little I can say except I sent my condolences.

A loss to more than the family.

dkightley

Re: Trainaidsa

Post by dkightley »

Very sad news indeed. My thoughts go out to friends and family.....

The trainsaida website is currently shown as "under maintenance", however the India site seems to be okay. I'll monitor things over the next few weeks and update the suppliers thread accordingly.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk

rvn2001

Post by rvn2001 »

This is sad news. He had explained earlier that he was in poor health. My condolences go out to his family and friends.
I would be interested to know what happens to the T scale stuff he had since he had the exclusive North American GP-style loco and some container cars. I hope someone can pick up these items to distribute in the future. Please keep us updated.
Thom Welsch

Ozrail

Post by Ozrail »

That's really sad, the world of T-gauge has lost a good friend to all. :(
Hope his work will still go on, as I was saving up for some of his exclusives stock.
Check out my Shapeways store for T-gauge stuff.
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/everythingtgauge?s=0

Slarge

Post by Slarge »

RIP :(

rvn2001

Post by rvn2001 »

I logged onto the Trainaidsa.com website this morning and noticed that it looks like it's back up and running. There's no notice on the home page or anywhere else about the site not being available. Does anyone know for sure if someone is operating the site and filling orders?
Thom Welsch

mattinair

Post by mattinair »

Noting the resent posts about Trainaidsa I just checked and I was able to log on and my account history was still intact.......I'll try ordering a tank car in a couple of days and report back....

mattinair

Post by mattinair »

Bummer, I wasn't able to place an order yet.......Oh well... At least it looks like someone is working on it.... :|