Rigid Track Painting and Grassed.

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.
DavidTheMad

Rigid Track Painting and Grassed.

Post by DavidTheMad »

I haven't seen anyone posting anything like this so I thought I would put it up. Process is:- 1st Light grey for the sleepers. 2nd is Dark grey for the ballast. 3rd is painting the sides with green paint and then sprinkle grass flock/scatter into the wet paint. All my tracks are treated this way, and I do think it is worth the "waste of my time". :shock: :shock: MAYBE? :lol: :lol:
Attachments
004 Vertical view 0011BB.jpg

DavidTheMad

Re: Rigid Track Painting and Grassed.

Post by DavidTheMad »

Hi folks,

I posted the picture and technique on my birthday hoping to get a few replies or comments. NADA. RIEN. Pour expliquer pourquoi?

David

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

Seeing as much of the world has paused today for the funeral of HRH the Duke of Edinburgh, I'm not that surprised there's been no comments.

Here's a link to my attempt at sleeper painting back in 2012: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24&start=4

It was covered in greater detail on the first Talking T Gauge forum that was run by David Smith, but has been lost following the events of 2013.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk

DavidTheMad

Post by DavidTheMad »

Hi Doug,
Many thanks for the reply, I had forgotten that you had used painted track on Robin's Run, so we were both working on detailing track right back in 2012!! Time flies.

As to the funeral I am so glad I don't have TV, although, sadly, there are many programmes about it slipping on to YouTube that I have to be very careful not to open one up!!

Keep happy.

David

DavidTheMad

Post by DavidTheMad »

Hi Doug,

As to your point about "most of the world", out of the British population of 66 million only 13 million watched the funeral, so pretty much a minority interest subject.

ledahu

Post by ledahu »

joyeux anniversaire David !

[fr] et merci pour ce partage de technique, qui me laisse penser qu'il faudrait fabriquer une sorte de "roulette à peindre les rails" couche par couche

[almost En] And thank you for the share that let me wonder a "3d printed special rollup for track painting"