Rigid Track Painting and Grassed.

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.
DavidTheMad

Rigid Track Painting and Grassed.

Post by DavidTheMad »

I haven't seen anyone posting anything like this so I thought I would put it up. Process is:- 1st Light grey for the sleepers. 2nd is Dark grey for the ballast. 3rd is painting the sides with green paint and then sprinkle grass flock/scatter into the wet paint. All my tracks are treated this way, and I do think it is worth the "waste of my time". :shock: :shock: MAYBE? :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DavidTheMad

Re: Rigid Track Painting and Grassed.

Post by DavidTheMad »

Hi folks,

I posted the picture and technique on my birthday hoping to get a few replies or comments. NADA. RIEN. Pour expliquer pourquoi?

David

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

Seeing as much of the world has paused today for the funeral of HRH the Duke of Edinburgh, I'm not that surprised there's been no comments.

Here's a link to my attempt at sleeper painting back in 2012: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24&start=4

It was covered in greater detail on the first Talking T Gauge forum that was run by David Smith, but has been lost following the events of 2013.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk

DavidTheMad

Post by DavidTheMad »

Hi Doug,
Many thanks for the reply, I had forgotten that you had used painted track on Robin's Run, so we were both working on detailing track right back in 2012!! Time flies.

As to the funeral I am so glad I don't have TV, although, sadly, there are many programmes about it slipping on to YouTube that I have to be very careful not to open one up!!

Keep happy.

David

DavidTheMad

Post by DavidTheMad »

Hi Doug,

As to your point about "most of the world", out of the British population of 66 million only 13 million watched the funeral, so pretty much a minority interest subject.

ledahu

Post by ledahu »

joyeux anniversaire David !

[fr] et merci pour ce partage de technique, qui me laisse penser qu'il faudrait fabriquer une sorte de "roulette à peindre les rails" couche par couche

[almost En] And thank you for the share that let me wonder a "3d printed special rollup for track painting"

DavidTheMad

Post by DavidTheMad »

[almost En] And thank you for the share that let me wonder a "3d printed special rollup for track painting".

Oui.

Une base de piste imprimée en 3D pour la piste flexible serait géniale. Je sais qu’il y a quelques outils de ballastage de voie autour, mais celui que j’ai utilisé a complètement enlevé le bruit du train qui roulait sur les voies montées directement sur la plinthe. Et j’ai aimé le son!!!

David

ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

I am new to T gauge but definitely not to modelling and I don’t think any time painting is ever wasted, but flock and static grass worry me - isn’t there a risk of flock affecting performance? My experience of OO in particular has been that the more work you do on the track, the worse the trains run.

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

I would even add ballast to the list of things to worry about.

Ballasted flexitrack looks nice.....but you need to flood the ballast with glue to ensure none lifts up when actually running trains. And I've not seen any suitable sized ballast material on sale for T gauge! Have you ever seen any full sized track with ballast no smaller than fist sized pieces?
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk