T-Gauge signals

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.
ozman2009

T-Gauge signals

Post by ozman2009 »

Hello All

Are there any T-Gauge signals available? I realise that working signals with semaphores or lights might be a bridge too far, but what about dummy signals?

martink

Re: T-Gauge signals

Post by martink »

Doug and I have both made working colour light signals, so that is certainly doable if you are willing to put in the time and effort. David Matthewson (another member here) sells some very nice brass (non-working) UK-style semaphores. Or if you have a 3D printer, I can send you the STL files for some much cruder semaphores.

ozman2009

Post by ozman2009 »

Many thanks for the reply. In general terms, what is involved in making working colour light signals? I'm one of those people with three left thumbs and the other two are affected by Parkinson's, so not a huge inventory of skills. However I'd be willing to have a go. No 3D printer here, nor access to one.

martink

Post by martink »

Building working model signals, in any scale, is very much the definition of the word "fiddly". And when doing it in T gauge, add additional pejoratives to taste. That said, quite a few different approaches can be found on this forum - simply search for "signal" and spend some time browsing. Not, however, for the faint hearted.

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk