Layout size

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.
barneyadi

Layout size

Post by barneyadi »

Hi

Returning to T gauge but wanted to check if a layout size of 120 cm by 45 cm would work. Looked at anyrail and the curves seem to work, but just wanted to double check.

Thanks,

dkightley

Re: Layout size

Post by dkightley »

You'll have to be careful over choice of rolling stock. Nothing too long....I think only the 16mm power chassis will negotiate the 45cm diameter curves.

And the new shunter. Almost forgot about that!
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk

martink

Post by martink »

There might be a mis-interpretation there. 45cm is 18 inches, which is quite wide for a T Gauge layout, and allows plenty of room for the widest of the standard curves. My old Sarum Bridge was 150 x 45cm, just a little bit longer than that.

dkightley

Post by dkightley »

Whoops. Egg on face! I should have gone to bed rather than answering the post!

Martin's quite right in what he says......
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk

barneyadi

Post by barneyadi »

Thanks guys

Have actually found a piece of 4ft by 2ft wide which i think will be perfect, so a little wider which will help. Looked at the Beachcomber trackplan on Tgauge.com as a starting point at least. Got both types of track, normal and flexi and not planning on points at the moment. Got the 4 car 125 set (also something else i cant remember what). The embossed plastikard is exciting for builds. Has anyone used it yet?