Controllers

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.
FreddBloggs

Controllers

Post by FreddBloggs »

Ok, so toe dipped with the Tgauge controller and track etc.

But if it works out I might be looking at a bigger layout, how much power does it have, will i need boosters etc to keep things running?

Or is there a plug in dc or dcc replacement to cover that.

And remember here, my idea of soldering is.... someone else does it, and my knowledge of electronics at the component level is.... someone else does it!

I can do many things, electrics is not one of them.

dkightley

Re: Controllers

Post by dkightley »

I wouldn't worry about whether you need any form of booster. I've run a train run successfully approx 25 ft away from where power is connected to the track. And I;ve seen a Youtube video where someone did a test to see what around 200ft of track would do to running a train with a standard controller....and there was no noticeable running difference.

Running DCC will be even better...particularly if the rail voltage is somewhere between 12 and 18v AC......

You'll get more voltage drop across a dirty wheel/track interface than down a long length of track!!
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk