Newbe

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.
pops65

Newbe

Post by pops65 »

Hi all, Im new to T gauge having nearly sold all my Z gauge items, I bought the Beachcomber track and HST Intercity 125 which Im very impressed with, Having watched loads of T gauge clips on youtube I thought Id take the chance and move to this gauge, Looking forward to asking lots of questions and try to contribute to this forum,Thanks
Please could somebody give me info on rolling stock lubrication, Ive purchased the wheel cleaner and paper,T-005 PEN, Ive already cleaned the track and wheels, do you need to lubricate the driving cogs on the engines ? Thanks.

dkightley

Re: Newbe

Post by dkightley »

Welcome to the forum.....

As the gears are probably nylon, I would say that it would not be a good idea to put any form of lubrication on them.

I've run a couple of pairs of power units on my Forth Bridge layout for 25 exhibitions over a two year period.....each set of units having travelled an estimated 50 plus miles...real miles!!...and the gearboxes run as sweetly as they did when brand new - after initial running in, that is!

I've had the occasion ingestion of threads and lumps of unmentionable material.....but rinsing out with IPA is all that I've ever done to them.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk

pops65

Re: Newbe

Post by pops65 »

Thanks for the information very appreciated.