Hi! Just discvered T Gauge.

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.
sidneylopsides

Hi! Just discvered T Gauge.

Post by sidneylopsides »

Thought I'd do a little introduction post as I've just registered here.
I'm from Leeds, I've just discovered the world of T gauge, as a kid I had a random box of HO from a car boot or somewhere, can't remember the details now! Then about 10-15 years ago I had a little N gauge collection, but never built a proper layout. Space is always the issue!

So no I've discovered this I'm really interested in what can be done, and I've been reading through this forum seeing how it actually covers a lot of my other interests, so I'm starting to plan.

I'll probably grab one of the starter sets to get a feel for the scale, but I'm already sorting out the Arduino stuff I have to DIY a DCC controller and prepare to tackle that in future.

I've started modelling a Class 08 for fun recently, so I'm going to look at more sensible locos to try make myself.

I was looking for some t scale things to 3D print to get an idea of how big (or not!) this stuff really is as pictures don't really convey it, I did a 60mm length of track and a rough loco based on some measurements I could find on here and did some testing of how fine my printer can go, at 0.06mm layers I think I can actually print some respectable bodies!

So anyway, hi everybody, I hope to see some of you at exhibitions in future!

martink

Re: Hi! Just discvered T Gauge.

Post by martink »

Welcome aboard. There is plenty of 3D stuff to purchase from Shapeways and here on this forum, but if you want a few free designs for a trial print you might want to give the following link a try. The scale is slightly larger than T (1:350 vs 1:450), but the models are narrow gauge so their overall size works out the same:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3581264

gbtrains

Post by gbtrains »

HI there newby

Well your luck is really in as I am from Bradford next door to you then.

Been T gauge for a while.

Check out my T gauge layouts of Low Moor and Ilkley Station
I am in the process of building Ribbleshead Viaduct, it has been printed off and painted and just now need to work on the rest. :D

ps New website called
tgaugemodelsinminiture.co.uk
to check out my loayouts. Website just been made last week so not a lot onit so far due to work and virus thing. ;)

Yep getting models 3 D printed is the way to go if you have a printer start on simple things then increase to more complex models as at this gauge they are tiny things we are modelling here.
Need any help just ask on this site and do not forget to check all colums and use that all inportant search button bar.

good luck
Graham

martink

Post by martink »

gbtrains wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:59 pm
ps New website called
tgaugemodelsinminiture.co.uk
Sorry to be picky, but your URL misspells "miniature" - not so good for a commercial site. Unless I've missed an intentional pun somewhere... ;)

gbtrains

Post by gbtrains »

HI yep this is due to a already taken domain.

never mind :D