T Gauge New Comer

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.
NCSophie

T Gauge New Comer

Post by NCSophie »

Hi Y'All and thanks for letting me in. T gauge is a somewhat radical departure from what I've dabbled in before, my husband and I are running G scale right now. I do have a small oval of Z scale that I used to make a diorama of a garden train within a garden train. We've been wanting to do a coffee table train set, T gauge looks like we can fit in the most "stuff". Actual modelling will be different for me also, I tend towards novelty and whimsy (my avatar is a Baldwin 10 wheeler with flames going down the side) and our G scale layout is at least as much garden as it is train.
Sophie B
Dismal Creek Railroad

gbtrains

Re: T Gauge New Comer

Post by gbtrains »

Hi Sophie and husband

I hope you enjoy T-gauge as you can pack a lot with this gauge.
Glad to see G scale with Z making an entry, but T is still smaller for conpact layouts for the coffee table idea.

Ps I would use a glass top so that you can admire your handy work in T when it is finished.

Use set track as that will give you the best results unless you want more sweeping track corners. 8-)

Well hope to see some pics when you have got things started. :D

Regards
gbtrains01
Graham

NCSophie

Post by NCSophie »

The coffee table layout will most definitely be glass topped. We have very inquisitive cats :roll:

I've already purchased the Beachcomber track set. It seems like a good size for the table I'm going to use and as we live near the water I think I can incorporate some local features.
Sophie B
Dismal Creek Railroad

gbtrains

Post by gbtrains »

HI Sophie

Sound like you have got a plan already then. :D

looking forward to see how you get on, so take photos and post them on this topic to keep us all up dated.

Just started now working on my next project in t myself so keep on checking the forum site out.

ps u can use the search tool bar to find most other information details and that really helped me when first came to T-gauge. 8-)

regards
Graham