Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Layouts

Post details of your T gauge layouts and the progress you are making.

Re: The Bridges at Saltash

Postby gbtrains » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi Doug

Cheers that was a better explaination than the searched items on the internet.

regards
Graham :D
gbtrains

Postby dkightley » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:48 am

Just starting to try and get an idea as to where I got to before my attention got diverted!
IMG_3538_red.JPG
IMG_3538_red.JPG (108.87 KiB) Viewed 602 times

According to the spreadsheet I'm logging all prints in, I have so far printed 390 parts!! Where are they all?? :shock:
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby gbtrains » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:22 pm

HI Doug

That is starting to look really good.
I take it that the bottom line that runs on the ground level underneath will be done ?

Regards
Graham :D
gbtrains

Postby dkightley » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Just spotted Graham asked a question.....Yes, the branch line will be on the layout.

And on to today's progress....I've gone back to the trackwork over the Royal Albert bridge, namely the shallow point splitting the single line into Saltash station. I've made some more progress on detailing the track bed around the pointwork and am starting to tighten up on some of the loose bits:
Image1_red.gif
Image1_red.gif (155.86 KiB) Viewed 321 times

The blob of blu-tack is to stop the track escaping during development...its not a pile of sand dumped by some idiot wanting to derail a train!

The next bit is to work on the moving plate....the bit with red markings on. I'm torn between soldering a wire directly to the bottom of the two lengths of rail that sit on the plate....or to use single rail track connectors. I think I'll form the rail sections first...then see how well they sit in the plate.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby dkightley » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:42 am

I'm moving on with the design for this point...….

It looks as if once I get the moving rails made up, the point may actually work! Here's the point with 3d printed rails that I've marked the rail head in black so they're clearer to see:
Point_Up.gif
Point_Up.gif (101.6 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Point_down.gif
Point_down.gif (103.09 KiB) Viewed 303 times

The tails of the blades should be longer...but there's a limitation to how thin a wall a 3d printer can print!
Doug Kightley
dkightley

Postby gbtrains » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:40 pm

HI dough

Your idea of a point is brill.
Please weather you can do a template as people may wish to do the same on there layouts.

Out standing work. :D

Graham
gbtrains

Postby jesse6669 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:44 pm

Doug, superb job on the points. I made up a dummy #10 and not so ambitious to try making it work, yet. Now one of these days, we will have mixed media 3D printing (metal and plastic) and we'll just print the metal rails into the model, eh? :D
jesse6669

Previous

Return to T Gauge Layouts