Board index Talking T Gauge Forum 3D Printing for T Gauge

Here's the place for discussions about those 3D creations for Tguage...and lets not forget the trials and tribulations of designing and printing.

Real Object to 3D Print

Postby NCSophie » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:37 pm

I have looked at and played with some of the 3D modeling programs out there and they seem to be the type of project that I do not have the time, skill set nor patience to master. Does anyone have any experience using the software that can take a series of 2D photographs and convert them to a 3D rendering? I played with one this weekend that took 50 pictures of a subject taken from different angles and stitched them all together into a very nice looking 3D photo. The next step would be to get it into a format that could be sent to a printer.

I am just getting started in T and would like to more with my Z scale, this process seems like it would kill two birds with one stone. Do the Z scale model and then print at 50% scale for T Gauge.
Sophie B
Dismal Creek Railroad
NCSophie

Re: Real Object to 3D Print

Postby NCSophie » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:40 pm

Oh, and I should probably mention that I don't actually even have a 3D printer, (yet) but I'm thinking that for these smaller scales a resin printer would likely have a better resolution.

Thanks
Sophie B
Dismal Creek Railroad
NCSophie

Return to 3D Printing for T Gauge