Board index Talking T Gauge Forum 3D Printing for T Gauge

Here's the place for discussions about those 3D creations for Tguage...and lets not forget the trials and tribulations of designing and printing.

A new toy!!!

Postby dkightley » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:46 pm

I've splashed the cash on a new 3D printer...and my first print is:
IMG_3575_red.gif
IMG_3575_red.gif (173.32 KiB) Viewed 150 times

Half a dozen jelly babies....no, jelly buses, err....buses!

I've bought an Anycubic Photon printer, which is a LCD uv curing resin printer. A bit messy and not that suited to the design, test print, twiddle design, test print, etc way of working that I'm used to.....but I suppose I'll adapt!

I still need to sort out a permanent place for the printer and all the post-printing clean-up...and need to get a uv curing lamp to finish off the hardening process...as the UK doesn't have the right amount of uv light in Winter for finishing off curing!!

Not bad for a first print...….
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: A new toy!!!

Postby dkightley » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:57 am

Frustratingly......I've not really had much time to do any development of parts that would take advantage of this printer. I'm too preoccupied with my new responsibilities for the Tramway Museum at the moment.

I have, however, obtained all of the post-processing tools and materials I need to clean up after printing...….rubber gloves, plenty of disposable towel, IPA, etc. The resin is actually horrible stuff....toxic, very sticky, and smells awful.

Lets hope I can produce some good stuff before I kill myself! ;) ;) !
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Return to 3D Printing for T Gauge