Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge General Discussions

The place for general discussions and requests for help on all matters relating to T gauge.

Forum still very quiet

Postby Nutter » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:16 am

In between my trips to A&E I have noticed the forum is still very quiet, World Cup is over, school holidays just starting.
Are people still about apart from the regular 3 or 4?
Mike
DON'T knock it at least I am trying to do something, with only one good hand.
Nutter

Re: Forum still very quiet

Postby gbtrains » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi there

Yep
I am working on some projects in T gauge but not got round taking photos on them or writting up .
Will get them in the pipe line to keep forum site active? :D

1 layout in start mode and 1 very nice building which is nerly complete.

Regards
Graham
gbtrains

Postby msimister » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:48 am

I agree that this forum does seem to be very quiet. Seem to be observers rather than contributors. The photos in my last post about my layout in 2 laptop boxes have been viewed 547 times but only one person went to the trouble of saying anything. I value and read what people say, especially as I'm a rookie modeller. Find it very helpful. But we can't rely on Doug and one or two others. My feelings are like those of the bloke at the back of the crowd at the start of the Monty Python film 'The Life of Brian' who said, 'Speak up!' Or in Spamalot, 'I'm not dead yet!' I wonder if others are? Contribute, guys (and gals).

BTW, my Class 67 arrived here in Oz last week. Impressive.

Cheers,
Malcolm
msimister

Postby dkightley » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:17 pm

I've held back from posting anything about the forum being quiet...but thought it best I offer my comments at this point.....

Yes, the forum Is quiet at the moment.....and especially quiet compared to previous years. There has always been a core of users logging in on mainly a daily basis to obviously see if anyone else has posted anything...and not posting anything themselves!! Sort of defeats the object of there being a forum, somehow, if everyone is reluctant to post!

Although I'm not a fan of Facebook, I always try and keep an eye on what goes on in the Talking T Gauge page that was set up a couple of weeks before I got this fourm back up....and there's a similar low activity..or should I say...number of posts .....there as well. And I'm unsure whether most of the posters there are aware of this forum. Whenever I post anything there, it ages and disappears from view. Se why I don't like it!!! There was a promise to put a permanent link to here....but it never happened.

I'm going to leave the forum as it is and see what happens.

I'm still working on The Bridges at Saltash...but I'm heavily involved in sorting out a new membership database for The Tramway Museum Society....which is currently sapping most of my spare time....which has impacted progress, And I'm still getting a few enquiries and invites for The Bridge.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby NeilM » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:13 pm

For an update from me - which does seem to happen only when someone starts a thread such as this - is that I have just recently ordered and received a PWM controller. I had designed my own and written the code and ordered the electronics - but that never got beyond flash lights becuase I never completed the proper circuit so that it could run trains, so I finally admitted the blockage and bought a ready to use unit!

As is probably the main reason with everyone else, it is just down to time or more particularly lack of it.

I do like the look of the new 67, but alas it is a bit modern for the kind of layout I have in mind. If it were a 31/33/47 etc (with 3 axle bogies where applicable) then I would have had an order in.

The other blocker from going beyond my current layout (still so much under construction that the is not much worth showing at the moment) is the lack of pointwork. If points and couplers were moved along then I could have lots of plans to tempt me to get building.
Neil

T gauge items in my Shapeways shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/t450
NeilM

Postby jesse6669 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:17 pm

I'm getting time to become more active again, so I'll be here and am currently working on some North American prototype projects.

I do think Facebook is a bit of a double-edged sword. I'm sure there are people who view only on FB and not on the forum, but FB does add exposure. I try to post in both if possible.

-Jesse
jesse6669

Postby Nutter » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:48 am

As people may have worked out, I am currently inactive on the modelling front, but keeping up with all the news on the forum.
Posts may be infrequent but at the moment my health is my main priority. :|
Mike
DON'T knock it at least I am trying to do something, with only one good hand.
Nutter

Return to T Gauge General Discussions