Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Custom Rolling Stock

Post details of your rolling stock developments - locomotive, carriages, DMUs, etc.

A CN RDC

Postby jesse6669 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi guys, I am getting a bit of T-scale modeling done. I wanted to try the Shapeways FXD (what they're now calling "Smoothest Fine Detail Plastic") so I had them print up a couple of the RDC shell. I did one in CN which is quite a distinctive paint scheme with the black band on the windows and red ends. The body was painted with Tamiya primer (white), then Tamiya matte black, then Tamiya mettalic silver (all rattle can) with the window band masked out after the black. Ends were hand painted ATSF Red. I made small logo decals on the inkjet printer; I'm attaching the decal image file. In order to make the "white" logo, I had to paint on small white squares on the model then apply the decal over top. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. As for mechanism-- adjustable chassis, modified (stretched) powered chassis, or possibly the 23 metre chassis (waiting on dimensions to be sure). Finally, to use the stock couplers some chopping would be necessary-- or (my recommendation) one might devise some other less out-of-scale link for multiple units semi-permanently coupled.
Attachments
2018-07-13 13.34.21R.jpg
(800.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CN RDC 1450.jpg
(970.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CN RDC decals.jpg
Decal graphics. Print at 4mm high.
CN RDC decals.jpg (7.72 KiB) Viewed 137 times
CN RDC photo.jpg
Prototype photo.
CN RDC photo.jpg (95.41 KiB) Viewed 137 times
jesse6669