Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Modelling Tips, Tricks & Tutorials

The three Ts. Lift the lid on the secrets of how you do things so others can have a go.....

Copy machine Big help in this Tiny scale

Postby mattinair » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:35 pm

Using the enlarge and reduce functions on my computer printer's copier I've been able to paint things while enlarged and then reduce them back down to the "tiny" T gauge scale. I had done this for decals on some rolling stock. I had been trying to figure out how to get center lines on winding roads and it occurred to me that this would work on roads as well...
DSCN7304_01.JPG
DSCN7304_01.JPG (108.02 KiB) Viewed 789 times

Once I got the basic road shape figured out I took sections of it and enlarged them by 300%. The copies were big enough for me to paint the center line without making it look too bad. I then reduced the painted sections by 33% bringing them back to close to their original "too tiny" size.
Pretty sure I'm not the first to do this....The glue was still drying when I took this photo so the road will still need some blending into the scenery :roll:
mattinair

Re: Copy machine Big help in this Tiny scale

Postby dkightley » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:09 pm

Hi Matt

That's not too dissimilar to the method I use: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=319

The only real difference is that I probably use IT based methods a little too much!
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby mattinair » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:34 am

Doug, it's kind of like comparing a bottle rocket to The Apollo Moon Shot. You're duplicating an actual Sat photo(Amazing(!)) I'm just trying to draw a thin dotted line :)
mattinair

Postby msimister » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:55 am

Hi Matt,
I'm at your end of the technology spectrum. It looks like an idea worth trying and in due course I will.
Cheers
msimister

Return to T Gauge Modelling Tips, Tricks & Tutorials