Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Layouts

Post details of your T gauge layouts and the progress you are making.

Re: The Bridge

Postby dkightley » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Set up day at the TrainWest show is over.....and I'm sure this is a world first....the very first T Gauge layout at an exhibition utilising DCC operation!!

The slow running performance is absolutely stunning. The demo rig that Alan had on display at Warley and Doncaster did not have the DCC decoders set up to operate the power cars correctly...and didn't show the great benefit of DCC. I have set up the four DMU power cars so that they are speed restricted, and have a smooth acceleration and deceleration curve.

I#ll try and get a video shot over the weekend and post it when I get back home.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby Nutter » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:06 am

dkightley wrote:Set up day at the TrainWest show is over.....and I'm sure this is a world first....the very first T Gauge layout at an exhibition utilising DCC operation!!

The slow running performance is absolutely stunning. The demo rig that Alan had on display at Warley and Doncaster did not have the DCC decoders set up to operate the power cars correctly...and didn't show the great benefit of DCC. I have set up the four DMU power cars so that they are speed restricted, and have a smooth acceleration and deceleration curve.

I#ll try and get a video shot over the weekend and post it when I get back home.

Look forward to the video Doug. ;) Hope it is all trouble free.
Mike
DON'T knock it at least I am trying to do something, with only one good hand.
Nutter

Postby gbtrains » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Hi Doug

Can not wait to see vid.

Glad that you have done it now all in DCC .

Well done.

Regards
Graham :D
gbtrains

Postby dkightley » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:42 am

I've managed to get time to put together the few clips I took of DCC running at TrainWest:

Most of these clips are after a full day's running...which will explain the very occasional stutter. I have some fine tuning still to do on the acceleration and deceleration settings within the decoder......and to the control script which drives the throttle changes to slow the train down, etc.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby msimister » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:22 pm

That's wonderfully smooth running Doug. Great stuff.
Cheers,
Malcolm
msimister

Postby NeilM » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:16 pm

Great to see the layout running so well Doug. You are continuing to push forward what can be done in T.

Just need some decent points now then so many more layout options will become avaialble!

I noticed you have on e of my 'Corgi' Autin Cambridges outside the station in the video. Does this ever generate any comments from anyone old enough to know and who sees the humour? I suspect that it would do on my layout, but I can well imagine it would not on yours as there is so much else to see and talk about.
Neil

T gauge items in my Shapeways shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/t450
NeilM

Postby dkightley » Thu May 03, 2018 6:57 pm

I've been pointed to YouTube by a colleague as he had found a few videos featuring The Bridge at Trainwest 2018.

Here's a link to one of them:
Doug Kightley
dkightley

Postby dkightley » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:08 am

I've finally got round to being able to post a few photos from the marvellous show at Locomotion.....the NRM's northern museum site in Shildon.

Here, the Bridge has been nestling amongst a few famous real life railway museum pieces:
P1020038_red.JPG
P1020038_red.JPG (112.76 KiB) Viewed 302 times
The prototype Deltic pokes it's nose over the end of the layout

P1020040_red.JPG
P1020040_red.JPG (110.26 KiB) Viewed 302 times
P1020041_red.JPG
P1020041_red.JPG (105.15 KiB) Viewed 302 times
Two of the carriages from the original APT...the first tilting train!!…..within touching distance.

Out of sight, round a corner was a replica of Sans Pareil, Timothy Hackworth's entry in the famous Rainham trials.

It felt as if the layout was surrounded by railway history...and looked as if it was "at home" according to at least two people I spoke to, one of whom was a visitor guide at the site.

The DCC worked its magic again. I had one DMU running unattended and continuously all day both days, slowing and stopping at all stations......reliably and very smoothly!

And I had at least two enquiries re shows in 2019 during the show....and one via Alan @ TGauge.com in the past day.....
Doug Kightley
dkightley

Postby lyneux » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:13 am

Hi Doug,

I loved seeing The Bridge at the CMRA show earlier this year!

I'm trying to get in touch regarding DEMU Showcase. Perhaps you can PM me regarding contact details for the layout?

Kind regards,

Guy
lyneux

Postby dkightley » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:47 am

Hi Guy

You will have received a PM.

Doug
Doug Kightley
dkightley

PreviousNext

Return to T Gauge Layouts