Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Layouts

Post details of your T gauge layouts and the progress you are making.

Odd bits I've built.

Postby Nutter » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:04 am

Not really a layout but will use this thread to show pictures of stuff I have built relevant to T gauge.
First item is a Scalelink Dockside Crane 1:500/1:400 in etched brass. Soldered construction with a few bit fixed with Superglue.

As I am planning a narrow gauge layout using T track will be posting pictures from now on of larger scale models on T chassis.
Mike
DON'T knock it at least I am trying to do something, with only one good hand.
Nutter

Re: Odd bits I've built.

Postby NeilM » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:57 pm

Please keep us updated on your progress with narrow gauge models on T gauge track. This is something that I have an interest in and have had some thoughts about, but am deliberately steering clear at the moment until I get my T gauge standard gauge layout running (not yet even started...!).

I had been thinking about Colorado narrow gauge, 3ft gauge modelled in 1:100, and also New England 2ft gauge, which could just about be modelled in N scale if you ignore the discrepancy in gauge.
Neil

T gauge items in my Shapeways shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/t450
NeilM

Postby Nutter » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:39 pm

Neil I am looking at Zm, possibly using 3D prints from our own member Ivanf. Obviously there is a slight track gauge discrepancy so might not be able to put next to my Zm Rhb stock which runs on handlaid 4.5mm gauge track including points.

For what its worth T gauge track is equivalent to code 40 rail. Once I have mastered working 4.5mm gauge points I may try a T gauge point.
Mike
Nutter

Postby ivanf » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi Mike,

How is your 4.5mm Zm stuff powered? T rails are wide enough that the proper gauge is somwhere in there... so they might not look too bad against your stock.

I'd be very interested to see how you get on with my models ( if you decide to give them a go ) - :)

The chassis extension for the A150 can be a bit chalenging - I bought a spare pack of bogie springs before starting. The A80D fits straight onto an unmodified chassis. I'll be adding to the Zm range sooner or later.

I've had a play with printing points which wasn't a complete failure... you can see them on this thread http://www.talkingtgauge.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=147.

Ivan(f)
ivanf

Postby Nutter » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi Ivan, I have just ordered the A150 and A80 today.
My Zm stuff is all Nickel Silver - wagons and coaches in Kit form but the loco was part of a limited edition Hand made run.
Power is I think a Faulhaber motor(8V coreless) and custom made chassis - never taken the body off yet - originally cost an arm and leg
Manufactured by Freudenreich Feinwerktechnik. He no longer makes Zm.

All my existing stock is either FO or RhB
Train in background is some of my 009 stock The Zm Loco is 28mm long.
BTW I already have one of your Locoitracteur 62 bodies in Nm
Mike
Nutter

Postby Nutter » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:57 pm

My Zm track being built for a project /competition - not complete yet but slightly wider obvious at 4.5mm gauge.
Mike
Nutter

Postby ivanf » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:02 pm

thanks Mike

I was thinking that I could probably widen my point to 4.5mm. they do act sort of like a jig for building themselves. Although it looks like you've got track building covered.

I hope the 62 is providing satisfactory service - that remains the most difficult model I've done... the nose took weeks of staring at pics as it seemed to be a different shape from every angle. :)

De Dion ML has been resized this evening, just need to figure out how to fit a chassis in then that will be added to the Zm list.
ivanf

Postby Nutter » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:09 pm

Updated photos.

Power pylons are 1/400 approx. scale from Scalelink.
Mike
Nutter

Postby Nutter » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:25 pm

My 4.5mm Zm has been put back in their boxes for a while so I can concentrate on Zm on T track.
Am going to have to bite the bullet and buy some T track points to experiment with.
Mike
Nutter

Return to T Gauge Layouts