Board index Talking T Gauge Forum 3D Printing for T Gauge

Here's the place for discussions about those 3D creations for Tguage...and lets not forget the trials and tribulations of designing and printing.

Seats and Benches

Postby gbtrains » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:30 pm

Hi
I was wondering if you can do some typical seats and benches in single and double format for the shop as I am about to start on Leeds Station and will require quite a bit of them. :D

Regards
Graham
gbtrains

Re: Seats and Benches

Postby dkightley » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:02 am

Hi Graham

Such things as seats and benches are on the very edge of the "feasible" window for FFF printing....even at layer heights as low as 0.07mm and extrusion widths of 0.2mm.

I need to try and get some testing done on the resin printer I bought a few months ago. I think it may be more suited to finer detailed items...but I do know already that the resultant objects can be somewhat brittle....and hence structural parts....such as bogies, etc...may not be possible.

I need to get to a point in between efforts on The Bridge and The Bridges at Saltash when I have some space in my work room when I can spend a few days concentrating on sla printing!
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: Seats and Benches

Postby gbtrains » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:21 pm

Cool as my basic printer will not do this.
wondering if we have them on a base mount and that way we then just glue to theplatforms where needed. :D

thank you for your responce

reagrds
Graham
gbtrains

Return to 3D Printing for T Gauge