Board index Talking T Gauge Forum Exhibitions and Shows Show Details & Reports

Post advance details of shows at which T Gauge will feature and reports of shows where T Gauge has been displayed.

The Bala Lake Railway

Postby dkightley » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:37 pm

The Great Little Trains of Wales Model Railway Exhibition. Sat 25th May to Mon 27th May, Ysgol Y Berwyn School, Ffryden Rd, Bala, Gwynedd, Wales LL23 7RU
Opening times: 10:00am - 5:00pm Sat & Sun, 10:00am - 3:30pm Mon.

There are planned to be over 30 layouts at this exhibition, which is in it's fourth year. No 1 and No 2 on the list of layouts are The Bridge and Lakeside Park.....so T will be getting a good promotion at this show.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: The Bala Lake Railway

Postby gbtrains » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:29 pm

Hi Doug

Just to let you know that I will be in attendance on the Sunday for the show.

c u there,
ps can meet alan and Loraine whilst I am there as not yet been to there shop. :D
gbtrains

Postby dkightley » Fri May 17, 2019 11:23 am

Its getting close to the best model railway show to be held in Wales...…

And a reminder that both The Bridge and Lakeside Park will be representing T.....so if you're at a loss what to do over the Spring Bank Holiday, then its a no-brainer.....come to Bala!
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby gbtrains » Sun May 19, 2019 10:12 am

Hiu Doug

Will be there on Sunday for most of the day so can help you out.
setting off early to get there.

:D :D :D :D
Looking forward to seeing the layout again. :P

regards
Graham
gbtrains

Postby gbtrains » Tue May 28, 2019 2:18 pm

Nice to see you again Doug

Still a great looking layout and fantastic rolling stock. :D

regards
Graham
gbtrains

Postby dkightley » Tue May 28, 2019 10:29 pm

Well.....after having to wait all day for my body to recover from the weekend, I can now look back at a very nice and successful weekend!

The Bala show is in its fourth year and attendances have been steadily growing. There was a different mix of visitors...less hard core railway enthusiasts and more holiday makers and day tourists. Not that good for the traders.....but very good for T Gauge! Far fewer visitors knew about the gauge and were all well and truly impressed with both its size...and The Bridge.

This show may have been number 23 for The Bridge, but it did have a feel of it being its very first! And I can honestly say that this has been one of a few shows where social media discussion has preceded the layout....I've never had so many people say they had heard about the layout before the show....and came to the show just to see it!

With the show being held on the same days as a transport festival at the Bala Lake Railway, and there being a free vintage bus service between the two sites, visitors seemed to come very much in "bunches"...and I have to apologise to Graham for not being able to have a good chat as his arrival coincided with one of these rushes!! I was getting so carried away talking to visitors, I have to admit at first I even failed to recognise him. :oops:

I did get chance to catch up on things with Alan Ramsey, which was nice..... and Alan did advise of one or two interesting developments in the pipeleine….but its not my job to spill the beans. Lets just say "Watch this...and other... spaces.".

All in all, a good show! The organisers were very friendly and made everyone feel at home.....
Doug Kightley
dkightley

Return to Show Details & Reports