Board index Talking T Gauge Forum Exhibitions and Shows Show Details & Reports

Post advance details of shows at which T Gauge will feature and reports of shows where T Gauge has been displayed.

Zm 'Roussennac' at Canterbury exhibition.

Postby NoelDollimore » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:01 pm

Hi, just a short note to say that I will be showing my Zm layout 'Roussennac' this weekend at Canterbury model railway society's exhibition at St. Anselms school, Canterbury, Kent.
CT1 3EN
Sat 23rd/Sun 24th.
Be pleased to meet anyone if you're in the area.
Regards, Noel.

2015-07-29 13.05.07.jpg
2015-07-29 13.05.07.jpg (122.35 KiB) Viewed 1392 times
Knowledge is of no value unless it is shared, if you can remember it !!
NoelDollimore

Re: Zm 'Roussennac' at Canterbury exhibition.

Postby dkightley » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:16 am

How did the show go, Noel??
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby NoelDollimore » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:18 pm

Hi Doug.
Thank you for asking, the show was very well attended and busy most of each day, with a good cross section of layouts and displays, unfortunately no 'T' gauge though.
My stand was besieged by public and exhibitors alike for most of each day, with a multitude of questions ranging from 'did you make the railcar bodies? or where did you get them'? (resulting in a good number of plugs for our 'Ivan F') through to 'how do you get them to run so slowly' this often from people who have tried 'T' gauge with little success, I was very surprised by the number of visitors who owned up to having tried 'T' and given up, due to poor low speed performance and lack of controlability, fortunately some had kept their 'T' equipment and seemed to be heartened by seeing what I had done and took notes on my descriptions of mods I had carried out to improve performance further. I also had some of my true 'T' gauge Southern electric 'slam door' stock on display to show the uninitiated just what 'T' gauge is.
I'm pleased to say the layout performed extremely well throughout each day, only requiring very minimal track cleaning in localised areas of the layout, (mainly near the front where it caught most of the dampness from spectators breath.
I took all the stock home at the end of the first day and spent the evening thoroughly cleaning wheels and realigning their magnetic field positions correctly to ensure another day of fault free running, (if they become misaligned the running becomes so jerky they lose all slow running qualities and derail frequently).
All in all, the layout was very well received and subsequently has received a number of invitations to future exhibitions, a successful show !!
Good luck with the bridge at your shows, I'm sure it'll be a star attraction.
Best regards, Noel.
Knowledge is of no value unless it is shared, if you can remember it !!
NoelDollimore

Postby msimister » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:25 pm

Hi Noel,
Well done, good stuff. Any chance you can post a picture or to of your Southern electric stock when you have some time?
Thanks in anticipation.
Malcolm
msimister

Return to Show Details & Reports