•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum Exhibitions and Shows for T Gauge

Post details and reports from exhibitions and shows where T gauge layout will or have appeared.

Galesburg Railroad Days

Postby rvn2001 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi Everybody,
Just a quick note to let everyone know that the T&W will be running both days of the train show at the Galesburg Railroad Days. The train show will be in the Carl Sandberg College in Galesburg, Illinois. The show will be this coming Saturday, 06-27-2015 and Sunday, 06-28-2015. This will be the first two-day show that the layout will see. I'm looking forward to lots of questions and track and wheel cleaning. If any of you happen to be in the area, please come by and see us.
Thom Welsch
rvn2001

Re: Galesburg Railroad Days

Postby dkightley » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:53 pm

Hi Thom

A multiple day show is always a bit of a shock the first time you do one.

Make sure you clean the track and wheels the last thing the night before the first day, the wheels the next evening, and the track in the morning before the show opens. If you're on your own, make sure you take some food and plenty of drinks each day, and make friends with someone on a layout near you so you have chance to take a trip to the buffet car.... and can ask them to keep an eye on your layout for you while your away! ;)

If you want something to hand out that plugs the forum, I can email you either a pdf or a Microsoft Publisher file of some business cards I put together. PM me your email address if you do.

Good luck with the show. And have fun! :)
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby rvn2001 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:24 am

Doug, thanks for your advice. I've been doing train shows since the early 1990s so I'm very familiar with the routine. I'll also have my Z scale modules and my girlfriend from Indianapolis will be bringing her modules to join me. This will just be the first time for the T scale layout at a 2-day show. I've made up business cards with all sorts of information about T scale so I'm well prepared.
Thanks again,
Thom Welsch
rvn2001

Postby rvn2001 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:21 pm

Well, The train show is over for this year. The trains ran fairly well but I've discovered that the plug-in power cables aren't very reliable. I'll be soldering the wires to the rail joiners to improve reliability. I had 50 business-size cards with info about Talking T Gauge and places to buy T scale. I came home without any. I just finished printing another 40 cards for the next show. I'll be reworking the layout for better performance.
Thom Welsch
rvn2001

Return to Exhibitions and Shows for T Gauge