Board index Talking T Gauge Forum Exhibitions and Shows Show Details & Reports

Post advance details of shows at which T Gauge will feature and reports of shows where T Gauge has been displayed.

Sheffield Model Railway Enthusiasts Exhibition 2018

Postby dkightley » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:59 am

I've recently had confirmation of an invitation for The Bridge to attend the Sheffield Model Railway Enthusiasts Exhibition 2018....being held on Sat and Sun 24th & 25th March 2018 at Birkdale School, Oakholme Road, Sheffield. S10 3DH.

This should be a good show for anyone in the north of the Midlands and the Yorkshire areas.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: Sheffield Model Railway Enthusiasts Exhibition 2018

Postby gbtrains » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:53 am

I Doug

Are you still going to sheffield as I am planning to see your Bridge layout and chat all things T Gauge.

With Kind Regards
Graham
gbtrains

Postby dkightley » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:25 am

Hi Graham

Yes. I'm booked in to the show. Opening times are 10:00am to 5:00pm both days. The Bridge is stand 3 in the main hall.

Which day are you planning to come??
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby gbtrains » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:15 pm

Hi Dough
Thank you for that information .
I should be able to come down on Saturday as someone is taking me there. :D

With Kind Regards
Graham
gbtrains

Postby dkightley » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Day one of the show done. A steady stream of visitors all day...and with Graham's help for most of the day, it has been a nice and comfortable day!! :D

Things didn't start all that easily....as track joints, tight clearances between the bridge deck and rolling stock, and my power sharing wiring in the Class 170 DMU all caused a hectic time prior to show opening! But once I'd sorted the issues out, everything started to run nice and smoothly...like clockwork. For what I think has been the first time, I've not had to restart the automation sequencing even once!

Many thanks to Graham for all his help today....its been nice having someone to share talking to the visitors.....

Now for an hour's less sleep! :roll:
Doug Kightley
dkightley

Return to Show Details & Reports