Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Layouts

Post details of your T gauge layouts and the progress you are making.

new plan -no name yet

Postby Nutter » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:49 pm

board.jpg
board.jpg (294.09 KiB) Viewed 938 times

New layout just started.
Track is the new 70cms radius Fine track with a couple of bits of flexi track as well.
Oval visible is the IDL roadway.
Board as yet unsealed or glues is a 400x250 mm Tim Horn scenic board.
Ignore the street plan on the left inside the track- that is due to change as it is based on the plasticard insert for the IDL section and I shall be ordering more buildings from Doug.
Mike based on the Southern side of London

All spray painting done outside, cleaning in ultrasonic done on dry days when i can have a window open.
Nutter

Re: new plan -no name yet

Postby Nutter » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:48 pm

More shops just ordered - got to keep Doug's printer busy ;)

All spray painting done outside, cleaning in ultrasonic done on dry days when i can have a window open.
Nutter

Postby msimister » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:01 am

Hi Mike,
How is the scale track? I asked the shop in Edinburgh if they were bringing it out in flexible track but the response from Japan was that they haven't found a way of making it commercially viable as it's tricky to assemble.
Cheers,
Malcolm
msimister

Postby Nutter » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:25 am

Malcolm, the track is fine,comes with joiners and power feed. Basic track as supplied fits on an A4 sheet with room to spare.
No more difficult to put together than flexi track. :D
You are limited to a 16m chassis - anything longer won't get round the curve. Rolling stock needs careful consideration but maybe one of our designers can think up some things.

Nutter

Postby Nutter » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:23 pm

Busy waiting for paint to dry having sealed the board. holes made for power feeds before painting. ;)

Nutter

Postby Nutter » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:13 pm

Rail track now laid, eyesight and brain fading so enough for today.
first train will be run tomorrow- only my baby deltic as I don't currently have any other stock that will go round the curves.

Nutter

Postby Nutter » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:29 pm

Baby Deltic runs fine . Have just ordered a pair of Alan's Bogie Hopper wagons, by my reckoning they should go round as well. :)

Nutter

Postby zdrada69 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:09 pm

You goi very fast with this project !
zdrada69

Postby Nutter » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:07 pm

zdrada69 wrote:You goi very fast with this project !

When things are going right, I move on with the basics quite quickly, the scenic stuff is when it slows down.
Buildings, etc tend to take longer and I have to decide where to put things including loads of trees and the one out of the ordinary item I always put on a layout. That Item is all ready to put in place and will be kept secret- it will be up to people to spot it in the photos when I get that far.

Nutter

Postby dkightley » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:32 pm

Mike

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing some piccies of your progress. I do hope this thread will end up as a build "blog"....something I guarantee you'll be able to look back on with pride! Doing so will force you into taking lots of photos....which you'll find very useful at time goes by! ;)

Apart from that....I'm curious as to what your surprise is. :lol:

And btw....your extra shops are on their way!
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Next

Return to T Gauge Layouts