•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Layouts

Post details of your T gauge layouts and the progress you are making.

New T Gauge Layout No Name Yet

Postby Nutter » Wed May 04, 2016 4:39 pm

As I am currently doing elderly parent watch for a while I have decided to use my time designing a new T gauge layout - not a Z scale based one this time.
I have discovered 5 packs of the Eishindo type c buildings to assemble- the ones with the etched fire escapes. Giving me a total of 31 buildings with others already assembled from other packs and styles
I also have the job from hell 2 packs of unpainted Motorcycles. Where did that magnifier go?
I know the buildings are Japanese in style but planning on a UK themed layout maybe west country based as I want a Warship to go with Doug's Baby Deltic. The old 20M stock I am planning to cover with Electra Graphics stuff when he gets back to me with what is currently available

More in due course.
Mike based on the Southern side of London

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos
Nutter

Re: New T Gauge Layout No Name Yet

Postby Nutter » Sat May 07, 2016 10:48 am

Having great fun assembling those fire escapes not helped by my arthritis but getting there slowly.
Will prove interesting when I order the T Gauge etched brass signal box.
Due to available graphics it looks like the layout plans will be moving to the SE of England for inspiration but my Rule 1 (its my layout and anything can happen applies) means other stock when I acquire it will be run as well.
Have got to summon up the suitable funds for a shapeways order postage being the killer there.

More in due course.

Nutter

Postby Nutter » Sat May 07, 2016 8:25 pm

Building stock as current.

Nutter

Postby Nutter » Mon May 09, 2016 4:21 pm

Well my Baby Deltic arrived this morning and is now ready for painting. Whilst modifying the chassis the carpet monster has claimed a pick up spring, need to find my spare stock.

Nutter

Postby dkightley » Mon May 09, 2016 8:04 pm

Mike

Here's a link to a technique I use to replace these pesky little things: http://www.talkingtgauge.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=121&start=3

And what colour scheme are you going to use??
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby Nutter » Mon May 09, 2016 8:33 pm

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Pic ... ay&first=1
This is the livery I was going to use.

Had to replace those springs before so know what is involved :lol:

Nutter

Postby Nutter » Mon May 09, 2016 9:13 pm

In the name of research ( and boredom if I'm honest) I have been trawling You Tube and looking at every single T Gauge video I can find , I suspect I have missed some but I wanted to see how others had done things
I have still not finalised a track plan and readily admit that until I do, trains will run on a loop of std track.
Scenic items - buildings etc will be gathered in the mean time as will extra train stock.

Nutter

Postby dkightley » Mon May 09, 2016 9:38 pm

My Baby is in that two-tone green...which looks nice.

The darker green is definitely Humbrol 195 (Dark Green satin) and I can't find the tin I have of the lighter green....it might be Humbrol 131, which is the only other satin finish green, and I'm sure both were in satin. I spent several minutes with a Bachmann Baby Deltic comparing the colours.

Its convenient that the manager at Gee Dees in Nottingham drives trams at Crich! ;) ;)
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby Nutter » Wed May 11, 2016 12:25 pm

Not yet finished but my Baby Deltic at present.

Nutter

Postby Nutter » Thu May 12, 2016 10:06 am

Finding realistic plans that will work with T gauge track is proving interesting. May have a look at an end to end trying to incorporate part of a harbour but need to do more research on that one. Also got to work out the maximum size baseboard that will fit safely in the back of my car, If I can, I would like to avoid board joins because I don't care what people say they can never be disguised totally especially in smaller scales.
Nearest supplier of the humbrol railmatch colours is not local and don't want a 50 mile round trip just for a pot of paint :shock:

More to follow in due course

Nutter

Next

Return to T Gauge Layouts