•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Layouts

Post details of your T gauge layouts and the progress you are making.

Re: New T Gauge Layout No Name Yet

Postby Kupzinger » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Hi,

that looks really good! Regarding the DMU, it is always estonishing how good a simple paper model looks in T. However, maybe you can adjust the hight of the two cars a bit 8-)

The power poles are also great! I can very well imagine them standing in a landscape.

I hope your project can go on soon. Best wishes!

Cheers
Kupzinger
Kupzinger

Postby Nutter » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:08 pm

Had time to think about what I want to do but need to think seriously about the locomotive types needed. Prototype area is decided but which part of the line. Be a challenge doing a different iconic bridge , will have to look at the plans and see how much space I will need. Anyone doing unpowered class 20 or class 40.
Clue for the moment bridge design by RL Stephenson and next to one by I.K Brunel
Mike based on the Southern side of London

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos. Happy to spot potential problems that other people may have overlooked.
Nutter

Postby Nutter » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:36 pm

Bridge design to scale would work out at around 3 feet long. Possibly something that would have have to be made in clear acrylic to show the trains, otherwise the latest version built in the 70's would be more sense.
Got the wrong designer for the second bridge was T.Telford

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos. Happy to spot potential problems that other people may have overlooked.
Nutter

Postby Nutter » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:52 am

Following discussion with other people not on this forum a double track swing bridge like the ones on the Norfolk Broads, could be a possibility. Need to find out if plans are available and then could possibly fit a motor and have it working..
So many ideas but need plans to decide. More research needed I think.

Nutter

Postby Nutter » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:25 pm

These ideas have all been cancelled and am now totally unsure what will be happening yet.
Have ordered some bits from T Gauge.com, Shapeways and the forum shop.
Track plans are my pet hate as every thing I want to do seems to involve needing those unrealistic points which I don't want to use.

Nutter

Postby Patnewbie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:58 pm

I completely know where you are coming from, the frustration is a killer isn't it ....... I'm on my third layout plan only due to the continual points problem so have tried to find some logical track plan layout ...... for now NO points so now have two separate tracks running with their own controllers .....it's not ideal but only thing I can come up with for now ..... hope you find something which suits you .......
Patnewbie

Postby Nutter » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:18 pm

Ending this thread as nothing more to add, will start new one when things start to get organised.

Nutter

Previous

Return to T Gauge Layouts