Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Layouts

Post details of your T gauge layouts and the progress you are making.

Dioramas

Postby Reith01 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:18 pm

In case anyone thinks I've been skiving or given up, nope.

It's winter and the space I have to work on the layout...well, not too cold as this is a very warm December but cold enough I'd sooner be in the sitting room. Plus, the points problems...no comment.... so I've been learning how to put buildings together.

The idea for one started from a piece of scrap card (left)....
The proportions didn't quite work but I had in mind a conservatoire-like building.
It has a sort of central garden thing and (for a reason I can't work out) the camera hasn't picked up the exit under the cantilevered bit.
What's missing is any kind of interior...just too much work but having sussed the way to construct these things I'd make a go of it next time.
The little building to the right is a convention or concert hall or something, still under construction.

I was a bit disheartened with it looking more like a 70s comprehensive school! hence it'll need a decent frontage, lawn bordering a broad path, lamps, etc. If it eventually goes on the layout the planned scenerama will have to change.

It's been a learning experience. Things improve all the time!

cheers,
Ivor
Reith01

Re: Dioramas

Postby mattinair » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:03 pm

this is amazing....(!)....screw the points... :P
mattinair

Postby SmallCentral » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:57 pm

Very nice work 8-)
SmallCentral

Postby Reith01 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Thank you for the kind comments.

I need practice but one has to start somewhere. :)

Items I put together so far for the High Street which is a T shape.
I'm afraid some are plagiarised, some original, trying to blend the bigger with the smaller. etc.

They all need final touch-ups/finishing. Photographing helps point out things that need to be done.

Here they're just on a piece of card to give an idea of the spacing. The stone-like building is meant to be a bank. The pink one is a cinema, still needs its display boards.

The library looks wonky because it isn't stuck down yet. The lighting will be from beneath so they'll need a sub-base with the electronics.

The backs. The leads from the cinema are for the light above the canopy (which looks like it needs painting better).

Point is - progress and thankfully improving.
Any suggestions how these can be improved would be most welcome.

Next I'll do a petrol station, supermarket and maybe something else so I can do the sub-base.

cheers,
Ivor
Reith01

Return to T Gauge Layouts