Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Layouts

Post details of your T gauge layouts and the progress you are making.

Re: My 'Zm' layout's progress.

Postby Billard » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi Mike.
I set them into the baseboard, (which is 10mm Foamboard), so it was easy to cut out accurate recesses with a scalpel, to sink them in to the right depth.
Simples eh?. ;)
Cheers, Noel.
Billard

Postby Nutter » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:34 pm

Cheers Noel - had not thought of foamboard for the base.
My board is 3mm MDF
Mike
DON'T knock it at least I am trying to do something, with only one good hand.
Nutter

Postby NoelDollimore » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:04 am

Yes, been using it for years, even built baseboards for 00 scale layouts from it.
It's not particularly cheap, especially the 10mm thickness, but makes for very easy construction,
and very strong if braced properly, (only need a sharp knife, measure, straight edge, and tube of 'No Nails' or similar glue).
Even the 5mm thickness is adequate for most baseboards but will need good bracing to stop any warping.
Cheers, Noel.
Knowledge is of no value unless it is shared, if you can remember it !!
NoelDollimore

Postby Billard » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:32 pm

Raising 'T' gauge's profile even higher, my Zm layout's first public appearance.
It was very well received by the exhibitors and public alike, they all expressed surprise at the performance and controlability of such small units and every time I said the autorails were powered by 'T' gauge mechanisms I got one basic reply ' I never knew 'T' gauge could run like that, you mostly see it going flat out round and round, Never seen 'T' gauge end to end before'.
I hope I've shown that 'T' gauge can be a serious model railway system, if taken seriously.
It ran very well all day apart from needing a clean at lunch time as due to the very high temperature and humidity levels the wheels picked up a lot more 'crud' than they had done at home during previous extensive testing.
The layout has now got four preliminary invitations to shows next year as well as a confirmed invitation to 'Zedex' at Didcot in October this year.
I think Alan's website at T Gauge.com should get quite a few extra hits shortly as a lot of the public didn't know anything much about 'T' but seemed quite interested, as they were about Ivan's 3D prints.
Now to start thinking about my next layout, 'T' Southern electric slam door stock maybe, or maybe something completely different, I've got a few ideas.

Noel.
Billard

Postby Nutter » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:00 am

Brilliant well done.
Glad you got positive responses from the public.
Mike
DON'T knock it at least I am trying to do something, with only one good hand.
Nutter

Previous

Return to T Gauge Layouts