•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Layouts

Post details of your T gauge layouts and the progress you are making.

Re: My T gauge adventure

Postby mattinair » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:09 pm

I just checked your Shapeways shop but the Austin 7 models aren't there yet......I really want some of the little convertables without windscreens....hope'n they'll be on your site soon....
mattinair

Postby NeilM » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:05 am

Nutter wrote:Interesting all you need now is the steam rolling stock

Watch this space for suitable 4 wheeled rolling stock. I just need to find where I have put my stock of wheels (moved them some time ago into a 'safe place' so they did not get lost!) then I can test my wagons.

Other designers have suitable coaches available (and also other suitable 4 wheel wagons). Locos are of course the problem, especially powered smaller locos, although using a larger wagon body to hide a power chassis and then have a free rolling loco body is a way to go (and has already been done).
Neil

T gauge items in my Shapeways shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/t450
NeilM

Postby NeilM » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:15 am

mattinair wrote:I just checked your Shapeways shop but the Austin 7 models aren't there yet......I really want some of the little convertables without windscreens....hope'n they'll be on your site soon....

I just need to check that the screen really will fit in the model. Basically just a check that the slot is open enough to take thin clear plastic sheet. If so then I will add these models to my site. Will also add the version with a screen as well, so may put up different collections. Would you be wanting a single model (expensive unit cost as there is minimum cost for any FUD print of 5 dollars), multiple convertibles, or a mix of convertibles, vans and saloons?

Note that I may be careful naming these when they appear in my shop. Not sure about the copyright on the Austin name. This has not been used on a car since the Metro and Maestro, but it will surely be owned by somebody. I know that a few years ago the Morris name caught the headlines in the classic car press when the current owners of the name were targeting any classic car business which dared to show the Morris name or logo in its business name or in its adverts.
Neil

NeilM

Postby mattinair » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:54 pm

I'd probably want about 3 or 4 of the convertibles without windscreens.... but I'm more than happy to wait until you've got it worked out.....
mattinair

Postby mattinair » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:56 pm

5 dollars each doesn't sound unreasonable....
mattinair

Postby NeilM » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:47 pm

I have now made a start adding the new models to my shop.

For now just the convertibles without a screen. I have added this as a single model and also as a pack of three.

I still need to organise the convertible with screen, saloon and van into collections, so if anyone is wanting any of these and has a preference of what packs you would like to see then just let me know. Remember that due to the Shapeway's pricing structure the more models are added into the same file the lower the unit cost per model.

Just preparing the images of the pre coloured models I had printed (full colour sandstone), so will put these up later.
Neil

NeilM

Postby NeilM » Tue May 03, 2016 4:23 pm

As promised, images of my experiments using Shapeways prints in Full Colour Sandstone to create pre coloured 1/450 models. This material is, as its name suggests, gritty in texture and quite unlike the finish of FUD which I normally print in.

My test print included some models larger than T which worked quite well, however the T scale items were really on the limit of what this material can do - both in terms of minimum wall and detail sizes for the print, and also the resolution of the colouring.

The first T scale item I tried was a red British telehone box. As can be seen the detail is not a patch on my police box models show in earlier posts, however they still probably look better than a regular print painted red if used far enough into the background when on the layout.
For Forum - Telephone Box FCS.jpg
For Forum - Telephone Box FCS.jpg (94.87 KiB) Viewed 1432 times

The other model I tried was a simplified version of my Dodge Charger. As can be seen some of these models have side windows printed and other do not due to hitting the mimimum resolution for printing. The stepping effect on the front of the cars looks very prominent in the photograph, but is really no where near that noticeable when looking at the actual model.
The flag on the top of the General Lee version has worked out quite well considering the small size. For the black and white (completely made up idea) I added roof lights which turned out well - just need to be on a more appropriate model! For the other models I just took the opportunity to quickly and easily change the colours around.
For Forum - Dodge Chargers FCS.jpg
For Forum - Dodge Chargers FCS.jpg (171.86 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
Neil

NeilM

Postby mattinair » Tue May 03, 2016 10:21 pm

Wow that cop car looks great.....gotta put it on my list.....I had forgotten about the little chargers....
mattinair

Postby mattinair » Tue May 03, 2016 10:21 pm

Wow that cop car looks great.....gotta put it on my list.....I had forgotten about the little chargers....
mattinair

Postby NeilM » Wed May 04, 2016 9:24 am

mattinair wrote:Wow that cop car looks great.....gotta put it on my list.....I had forgotten about the little chargers....

As of yet I have not put either version of the charger in my shop. I am just going through all the road vehicles that I have created and test printed ready to put up some collections (rather than single models, because of the higher unit cost per model). Once I check what other models I have I will pull some together, however if you are wanting any specific mix or quantity of models then let me know.
Neil

NeilM

PreviousNext

Return to T Gauge Layouts