Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Layouts

Post details of your T gauge layouts and the progress you are making.

Re: Monbulk Creek

Postby martink » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:07 am

Well, it is all starting to get there at last - the bridge itself is now pretty much done. However, the track surface is loose, the train is still the early sub-scale test version, the whole area should be forested, and the backscene is just blank sky.

DSCI0017 - Copy.JPG
(642.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
martink

Postby msimister » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:32 am

Looking good Martin. The colour of the first three carriages (NBHs) and the last vehicle (an NC van?) look about right.
msimister

Postby martink » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:46 am

The coaches are still not quite right, as I am trying out different build techniques. A combination of painted bodies and printed-paper window inserts seems like the most effective approach, though I still have to see if I can get legs-sticking-out to work. The final models are about 15% larger, so there is a bit more room for (and need for) detail. I want to have most of the various coach types (enough for two typical trains), plus the Garratt, a couple of NAs and a fire trolley. I might add the diseasel for variety.
martink

Postby msimister » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:59 am

Let me know if you want any help with train consists. BTW, I assume you know there'll be another Garratt in a few months' time - a regauged ex-South African NGG16. Welsh Highland?
msimister

Postby martink » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Any train consist data would be most appreciated. I am working from photos for that aspect, which while obviously accurate, are just snapshots of unique instants and not necessarily representative. Or even complete. In the end, it really depends on what I can model to a good enough standard. For example, I am not sure whether I can do a decent end railing for the NALs. A nice thing about 3D printing is that once I do get a model right, it is easy to mass-produce a batch of them.

Anyway, typical Garratt-hauled and single/double headed NA trains are what I am looking for. As for the new Garratt, I was aware that it was in the pipeline, but hadn't realised it was going to be in service so soon. I don't currently have any plans to make a model of it, because I am already chomping at the bit to start work on the next little layout. That one will probably get under way while I wait for the trees to arrive.
martink

Postby msimister » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:47 am

As this isn't strictly T Gauge, I'll send you an email with consist info but if anyone else is interested then let me know I'll forward the info to yoiu too.
msimister

Postby martink » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:52 pm

The scenery is now complete (except for trees and the backscene), and painting of the trains is under way.

I will hold off on producing a full and proper video until everything is finished, but here is a quick teaser for now...

https://youtu.be/jsAcQBRm3oA

DSCI0020 - Copy.JPG
(681.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet

DSCI0024 - Copy.JPG
(444.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
martink

Postby JoeMalinchak » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:29 am

Great work on your layout. I really like how you are running multiple trains using magnets.

Cool stuff!
JoeMalinchak

Postby martink » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:50 pm

All the stock is now painted. The full exhibition complement will be two trains plus a fire patrol trolley. Work on the layout will now be on hold for a month or so, waiting for the trees. Onwards to the next one!

DSCI0028 - Copy.JPG
(322.65 KiB) Not downloaded yet

DSCI0025 - Copy.JPG
(289.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet

DSCI0026 - Copy.JPG
(464.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
martink

Postby msimister » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:16 am

That's looking very good Martin. Very impressed. Passengers too!
msimister

PreviousNext

Return to T Gauge Layouts