•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum T Gauge Layouts

Post details of your T gauge layouts and the progress you are making.

Re: The Bridges at Saltash

Postby dkightley » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:57 pm

No pressure, then! ;)

Unfortunately, as you may have picked up following my build threads, I do tend to jump from one thread of a build to another.....so results on my point may not be that quick. But seeing as there is a bit of an interest, I'll try to put a little more effort in on the point build in the next few weeks....
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: The Bridges at Saltash

Postby dkightley » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Pushing on with yet another different aspect...the flexi-traverser....which I've partly made whilst the idea is still reasonably fresh....

The flexi-traverser is basically an oversized point that consists of three parallel tracks attached to rotational slides at each end that move a single track width in a similar way to a point....here's a couple of photos: First...the full traverser
IMG_3294_red.JPG
IMG_3294_red.JPG (95.33 KiB) Viewed 45 times

You can see inside the basic box are two strips of wood that pivot half way across at the extreme end of the box. At the other end, there is an arc shaped slot in the top of the box....into which fits a sliding panel that is mounted on the wood strip. Here's a close-up of one end:
IMG_3295_red.JPG
IMG_3295_red.JPG (97.41 KiB) Viewed 45 times

The lowere strip inside the box is pivoted at the other end and the panel will be screwed onto it's edge. A servo will then move the panel side to side to move the three parallel tracks so that two of the tracks line up with two tracks at the end. The servos are driven from the CBus control system......at least that's the plan!
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Previous

Return to T Gauge Layouts