Board index Talking T Gauge Forum Exhibitions and Shows Exhibition Standard Layouts

Post details and a brief description of your exhibition standard layouts so that exhibition managers can see what is available for display in T gauge.

Low Moor T Gauge Layout

Postby gbtrains » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:41 pm

Welcome to my T-Gauge layout called Low Moor which is 6 foot by 4 foot.
Low Moor layout was conceived whilst the new Low Moor Railway Station in West Yorkshire was under constructed on site (2016 to 2017) and I thought that it could be done in T-gauge. Whilst the real train station has been open for over a year (as of May 2018), just like British Rail “ I maybe late but i am getting there” as this layout has taken 2 years to build.
Simple construction of the layout is by using A1 foam sheets as T-Gauge is not heavy, the sheets are stacked upon each other like a sandwich and held by glue to represent the many different levels of height (22mm in T Gauge = 10 meters in real life).
In the layering process I have sections rather than full sheets stacked on top of each other to obtain height and strength whilst keeping to sheeting dynamics.
2mm plastic sheeting was used to obtain the top surface on which the diorama/scenery is placed; all buildings are either made from 3D printing or scratch built from various materials. The vehicles are all 3D printed.
On the layout there are:
• over 200 vehicles
• over 180 trees.
• 45 residential buildings (5 different types)
• 34 different scratch built industrial buildings.
There are 2 tracks on the layout, an up line and a down line. Each track can be run by electricity or by 3 AA batteries (this lasts about 2 – 6 hours)
You can find more details of T-Gauge and my layout by the following website links. http://www.talkingtgauge.net
https://www.tgauge.com/

I had not intended this layout to be an exhibited piece and was to be used for home use only, but I was asked to display the layout at our exhibition on the 5th & 6th May 2018 showing a layout in T-Gauge.
Low Moor layout now is bigger with the arrival of a second section which will house the BASF chemical factory complex and other truck shipping transport agents within the area, but this section is still under construction.

If you want to hire this layout for your exhibition show please send an email to:
Graham Burnley thunderhawk@btinternet.com
Phone number 4 – 8 p.m or weekends 0745 299 4060.
A member of the Bradford Model Railway Club

ps car hire needed as I do not have my own transport.
By Graham.Burnley 2018
gbtrains

Return to Exhibition Standard Layouts