Board index Talking T Gauge Forum Exhibitions and Shows Show Details & Reports

Post advance details of shows at which T Gauge will feature and reports of shows where T Gauge has been displayed.

DEMU Showcase 2019

Postby dkightley » Fri May 17, 2019 11:30 am

Just noticed I've not posted re this show.....

DEMA Showcase 2019 - Saturday 2nd June & Sunday 3rd June, being held at the Green Bank Leisure Centre in the centre of Swadlincote, a short distance away from Burton on Trent.

T gauge will be represented by The Bridge....so if you're in the Midlands area, this will be probably the last chance to see this layout before it is put into semi-retirement.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: DEMU Showcase 2019

Postby dkightley » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:19 pm

Well! A busy show on the warmest weekend of the year so far!!!

Unlike Bala there was a distinct serious air to proceedings….with the majority of visitors were obviously serious railway modellers who on the whole were only interested in what they were interested in!

Having said that, there were still a number of visitors who hadn't seen T gauge before....and most amazed at the layout.....

As Bachmann were represented, I did take the opportunity to have a brief discussion with one of their senior guys about whether or not they might want to dip their corporate toe in T gauge. But, as expected, there's no interest due to the perceived absence of return on investment.

My thanks to the organisers for looking after everyone. I'm sure Saltash will make an appearance here in the near future...
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Return to Show Details & Reports