Board index Talking T Gauge Forum Exhibitions and Shows Show Details & Reports

Post advance details of shows at which T Gauge will feature and reports of shows where T Gauge has been displayed.

Chiltern Model Railway Exhibition 2018

Postby dkightley » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:51 am

A show to shake off the cobwebs after the festive season........the Chiltern Model Railway Exhibition is being held on 13th and 14th January and is being held at the Arts & Leisure Centre in Stevenage, Herts.

This will be the ideal chance for anyone living in the north London/ south Midlands area to get to see the layout.....
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: Chiltern Model Railway Exhibition 2018

Postby dkightley » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:53 pm

Now Christmas and New Year are all but over, its time to think about this show.....which is less than two weeks away.

The show is in Stevenage....so it should be in travelling distance of some T Gaugers!!!! Anyone able to get, do drop by the layout and say "Hello". I might even try to bribe you to hang around and help out in return for a cuppa!
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby dkightley » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Day one of the show over! Somewhat tiring being on my feet all day...but the show stewards played a blinder by looking after the layout whilst I took chance to get some lunch!

Lots of visitors not seen the layout before...and many others glad for the opportunity to see it again. Overwhelming appreciation of the scale...but not many saying they were interested in giving T a go!!
Doug Kightley
dkightley

Postby Nutter » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:39 pm

Any updates on the show?
Mike
DON'T knock it at least I am trying to do something, with only one good hand.
Nutter

Postby dkightley » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:33 pm

Agggggh!

The first show after Christmas is always the most tiring. I'm absolutely..you know what!! MY legs ache...my feet disowned me on Saturday, and they're still not talking to me! And I've just about got things stored away after unloading the van this morning!

Day two of the show was a little quieter than day one....but on The Bridge, the day started a little frustrating. Both of the two DMUs decided to take over an hour and a half to settle down and run without trouble. I even had to change a bogie on the Class 158...as an axle kept dropping out of place! I think one of the side plates with the dimples in may have had one of its dimples worn away!

And the centre carriage on the Class 170 kept derailing.....and then all of a sudden, after about an hour, it stopped playing up and ran perfect for the rest of the day! Very strange!!

Once things settled down, I had quite a good time talking to the many visitors who stopped by to take a look. As wit Saturday, many had not seen T before...and some didn't even know what bridge it was. "Golden Gate" and "Severn" were probably the most common incorrect answers! Whatever the answer, all visitors went away with a smile on their faces...which is what its all about!!

I even had a chat with a gentleman who had just started putting together a T gauge layout.... and he's 88 years old! You're never too old for T!!!!

The show was slightly quieter than Saturday, and quietened down around 3:30...ish! Overall, a good show...and T gauges has got a little more known about!
Doug Kightley
dkightley

Return to Show Details & Reports