•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum 3D Printing for T Gauge

Here's the place for discussions about those 3D creations for Tguage...and lets not forget the trials and tribulations of designing and printing.

Re: The next train arriving at Platform One is.....

Postby mattd10 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:51 pm

Can't wait for these to appear in the shop! And a great idea having the decals as "DIY", as that way you're not liable for any copyright issues.

Reading through threads on various forums the issue regarding copyright is a minefield and best left to an individual to decide if they want to (at least in this scale the logos won't even be visible!)

Looks as though I'm going to need to crack on with a layout....
mattd10

Postby barneyadi » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:17 pm

You mention earlier in the thread you were trying laser printer transfer paper. How you getting on with it and where did you get it from?
barneyadi

Postby dkightley » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:26 am

I've not managed to get any further than the comments I made earlier in the thread due to other commitments I have at present....but I do hope to get back onto this project after the weekend.....
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby dkightley » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:29 pm

.....which has now drifted to.....until after Warley. Which is only two weeks away.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby dkightley » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:56 pm

I think I have to kick myself up the backside.......as I've failed to deliver on the release of the DMU shells I've featured in this thread.

I've even made progress on the next shell...a class 158....which I'm going to need for The Bridge's outings over the next few months. Here's a shot I took this morning of the finished shell being test fitted with a paper version of the "generic livery" decal:
IMG_3044_red.JPG
IMG_3044_red.JPG (109.28 KiB) Viewed 1060 times

The white (& slightly out-of-focus) area on the front is a separate part that should be black...the corridor connector...that is fitted after the decal is applied.

Once I get this class 158 fitted with the Scotrail saltire livery for The Bridge, I'll try and get time to get the three shells I have featured in this thread into the shop. The biggest problem is that to add items to the shop, I have to take decent photos.....and I don't have decent finished samples with the generic livery to photograph!!
Doug Kightley
dkightley

Postby dkightley » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:57 pm

I've finally got some decals on a class 158....a little adjustment still needed.....but this shot gives a good idea of what she looks like:
P1010821_red.JPG
P1010821_red.JPG (66.52 KiB) Viewed 1011 times

Apologies for the white edges on the corridor connector....I was a bit impatient and the paint wasn't quite dry...and it rubbed off!

This makes three DMU shells I'm almost ready to add to the shop....classes 158, 170 & 180. All three will have downloadable multi-layer graphic files for creating your favourite operator livery to put on decals. Note that the class 170 and 180 will have coaches as well as locos available.

For The Bridge, I'm now looking at producing a class 68 loco with a rake of six mark 2 carriages......which will give me three different trains to run on the layout - all current!
Doug Kightley
dkightley

Postby gbtrains » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:35 pm

Hi Doug

When are theses new rolling stock coming out in the Talking T Gauge shop?

Looking Forward to spending on some. :D
gbtrains

Postby dkightley » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:49 pm

I have the files for the Class 158, 170 and 180 sets ready to go and have the decal graphics files for generic liveries prepared and ready in zip files.

What I have left to do is a guide on how to modify the decal files to apply a specific livery.....and an instruction sheet on applying the decals once made. I think I may have suitable photos to use on the shop page...if not, I need to take a few photos.

I'm also slightly nervous about launching these DMUs at the moment. I have two exhibitions in February, one (Newbury) in less than two weeks, and ModelRail Scotland two weeks later...which is the big show for The Bridge!! I'm not wanting to get several orders that I can't then fulfil because I'm tied up getting ready, etc. If I can get the guides produced over the next week, I may add them to the shop after the Newbury show. No promises though, I have a busy time over the next two months .....I have pre-season commitments for the Tramway Museum to do as well as T Gauge work which will keep me out of mischief for several days! I'll even be celebrating my birthday in a sports hall...assembling The Bridge ready for the Nottingham East Midlands Model Railway Show!
Doug Kightley
dkightley

Postby gbtrains » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:18 pm

Hi Doug
thank You for getting back ASAP.

Looking forward to them ,but take your time on them to get it right as I know how tricky it all is in this gauge,
happy to wait longer so do not rush .

ps 3d print models looking good on the pictures. :D

Regards
Graham
gbtrains

Postby dkightley » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:43 pm

All of the DMUs featured in this thread are now available in the shop!! :D :D :D :D

Matt....I'll take a look at the class 357 for you and see what I can do.......
Doug Kightley
dkightley

PreviousNext

Return to 3D Printing for T Gauge