•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum 3D Printing for T Gauge

Here's the place for discussions about those 3D creations for Tguage...and lets not forget the trials and tribulations of designing and printing.

Re: New products for the Talking T Gauge shop???

Postby mattd10 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:40 pm

Make sure you place them as close as you can behind other cars, maybe swerving across a roundabout and jumping traffic lights....
(All in jest of course if there are any white van drivers here...)
mattd10

Postby dkightley » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

The vans....in a set of five....are now available in the shop.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby Nutter » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:14 am

Going back to my idea of different station buildings, how about a 2 storey building incorporating a station masters house?

Interesting that I seem to be posting most ideas -COME ON the rest of you, There are only a finite number of things I can suggest without treading on people who use shapeways toes because I feel I would rather support Doug and the forum. :!:
Mike based on the Southern side of London

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos
Nutter

Postby mattd10 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:39 pm

I can't remember if it's been suggested before but how about a printing service?
I like designing my own bits and bobs but hate waiting for shapeways. How about publishing a set of tolerances and then for a fee and the model made available to all in the shop, and in return you have a model printed locally supporting the forum?
I'm sure this is a minefield of quality control issues, not as expected etc but just an idea!
Matt
mattd10

Postby Nutter » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:59 pm

Matt go to the Shop click on Miscellaneous and you will see Doug already has that idea in hand.

Nutter

Postby mattd10 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:00 pm

I was sure I'd seen it before....that must be it! :lol: :lol:
mattd10

Postby dkightley » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:07 pm

How about publishing a set of tolerances.....

Now that's something I had promised to do a few months ago....but the pressure of getting on with the layout took priority.

I do have a document started. I'll have to look it out and get it finished off and published.

And Mike is right....I did put a entry in the shop offering a design and print or just a print service. I need to make it more prominent....and provide the info discussed above....

And to follow on from what Mike posted.....yes, I am looking for inspiration from forum users. I'd prefer to spend time developing something someone wants, rather than something I think they might want...when they don't!
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby Nutter » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:26 pm

Just to back Doug up, I feel he has created a really useful source of stuff. :D
My orders may only be small each time due to my limited funds but I am more than happy with what has been supplied. Would love to have a custom project made for me, if only I could finalise the Track plan and Location of my layout to be first.

Nutter

Postby davidmatthewson » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:47 pm

Indeed excellent stuff from Doug. I've just been cleaning up my latest order from him of houses, tunnel portals etc and I'm surprised how tough the stuff is! Even my Swiss files are hard work on it!

I'd love to see semaphore signals but I thing they are too small to 'print'.. perhaps signal ladders might be possible?

David
davidmatthewson

Postby Nutter » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:54 pm

ladders and railings /fences I think are possible going to be easier in etched brass. look at model ship accessories

Nutter

PreviousNext

Return to 3D Printing for T Gauge