•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum 3D Printing for T Gauge

Here's the place for discussions about those 3D creations for Tguage...and lets not forget the trials and tribulations of designing and printing.

New products for the Talking T Gauge shop???

Postby dkightley » Sun May 22, 2016 10:41 pm

In about a month's time I'll have some time available to start thinking about extending the range of 3D printed products in the shop....so I thought I'd start a thread to give everyone the opportunity to put forward ideas for new items.

What sort of printed items would you like me to take a look at producing?

All suggestions and ideas will be considered...so over to you all!
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: New products for the Talking T Gauge shop???

Postby Nutter » Mon May 23, 2016 3:50 pm

Bungalows, Mobile homes(quite a lot of mobile home sites are near railways be they holiday homes or residential), Arcade (3-4) of modern 70's style shops, smaller more modern station building.
Rolling stock wise waiting in anticipation of your wagons, maybe bogie tank wagons( would work well as are freight traffic for the bridge) and possibly a car coach for the old London Olympia/Stirling overnight motorail sleeper trains. Would a class76 work stretched a little bit to fit a 16m chassis then I can use some of those overheads that I took off my 103 sets Totally different option for people - try to model parts of the Woodhead route.

Just my 2p worth for now. :P
Mike based in deepest Surrey

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos
Nutter

Postby Nutter » Mon May 23, 2016 9:10 pm

Does any one do a church, seen the one on the video on You Tube of Robins Run which I like and the lasercut one on T Gauge.com website but a simple square tower and nave would be perfect(a bit like the Kestrel One in N Gauge)

Nutter

Postby dkightley » Tue May 24, 2016 10:06 am

The church on Robins Run is a paper model. I bought a bag of part complete N gauge paper/cardboard building kits for a measly sum (50p, I think) at a show a few years ago and scanned and printed a 1/3 copy of the cards for this church, and made it up from that.

I think a church similar to that one is going to make the "to do" list.

I've got a few bungalows from The Bridge that I could tweak.....another one for the list.

I do have some mineral wagons printed for testing.....I think the problem may be weight - they might be too light!! But another one for the list.

On the loco shell front, I could easily take a look at one or two different loco classes. A 76 could be the first candidate. I do wish the three axle bogies were available, though!!

Mike..would you be able to dig out some photos of the 70s style shops and station building you have in mind.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby Nutter » Tue May 24, 2016 12:50 pm

Will sort out pictures later. I think possibly both could be single storey and variations on your Bank building.

Nutter

Postby Nutter » Tue May 24, 2016 5:15 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graham-Farish ... Swr7ZW4xJT
I know picture of N gauge model but something similar in a row of 3 might work. Sort of mini arcade found on council estates.
Station Building I cant paste link to picture but something along the lines of Sevenoaks Station or something similar, I believe I managed to post a picture of something more modern in my thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=373.
Another possible modern style industrial buildings as seen on trading estates up and down the country

Nutter

Postby davidmatthewson » Tue May 24, 2016 7:46 pm

I'd certainly be interested in rolling stock - UK wagons, GWR by choice! ;}

David
davidmatthewson

Postby Nutter » Tue May 24, 2016 8:11 pm

Have to admit when I was thinking about bits I did not include shape ways because it is a pain from the mobile phone.

Nutter

Postby Nutter » Sat May 28, 2016 10:52 am

Another one from me - road tanker for petrol or other liquids -artic trailer or rigid lorry

Nutter

Next

Return to 3D Printing for T Gauge