•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum 3D Printing for T Gauge

Here's the place for discussions about those 3D creations for Tguage...and lets not forget the trials and tribulations of designing and printing.

Re: we(I) need Tgauge equipment

Postby rvn2001 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:32 am

Thanks for the pictures, Matt. They do look awfully big. I know construction equipment comes in different sizes but those look way too big. With your permission I will forward the pictures on to Stony so he can see the difference. I don't know what prototypes he used. I hope I can get better results for us but that's still up to Stony.
Thom Welsch
rvn2001

Postby mattinair » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:26 am

dkightley wrote:Considering it's not long since my last post, how's this for a first print??
P1010690_red.JPG

The bit that looks like a wing mirror that's too low is actually a bit of flash!! I need to try adding a mirror in the right place! And there's lots of modding left to do...

Actually Doug, no, this bus is great as it is..... and that's my point......any one who can paint this tiny stuff can add a tiny dab of glue and a spot of paint for a mirror. at 1/450 only high contrast details like headlights or ladders etc are visible to the naked eye.......I think a lot of people like Stony for example really don't want to go to smaller because the .5mm resolution makes things blown up on screen look unrealistic (like mannequins without faces)....I'm so nuts I actually touch up the little figures ......adding a dot of color where the face should be etc etc......
The figures in the photos I recently posted haven't been touched up....I noticed one little guy seemed to be loosing his trousers... :o ..... :lol:
mattinair

Postby rvn2001 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:08 am

Hi Everybody,

Stony looked at the road grader and discovered that it was 38.5% too large. He's made the necessary correction and that also reduced the price. I hope this solves the size issue.
Thom Welsch
rvn2001

Previous

Return to 3D Printing for T Gauge