•   
  • Talking T Gauge Shop
    Your online shop for T gauge locomotives, rolling stock and scenery items. Buy for your layout...and support the forum at the same time!

Board index Talking T Gauge Forum 3D Printing for T Gauge

Here's the place for discussions about those 3D creations for Tguage...and lets not forget the trials and tribulations of designing and printing.

Shapeways poor customer service.

Postby Nutter » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:09 pm

I am afraid I may not use them again.
Totally ****** off with them.
Payment had been taken by PayPal and order fully approved, had got to printing state and now cancelled. Still showing on my bank account as payment taken.

The order was specifically for my Zm project so now need to rethink all my plans.
Mike based on the Southern side of London

Posting most of the time from a mobile phone please excuse typos
Nutter

Re: Shapeways poor customer service.

Postby dkightley » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:18 pm

I assume this is a model that passed all of the automated validation routines and was accepted for printing.....and then it actually failed to print, and your order was clinically cancelled and I suppose you'll either get a refund or a credit against a future order....and no explanation why!

This is what happens, I'm afraid, when a custom and personalised service turns into big business. It loses it's personal touch and becomes anonymous!

Was this model your own design? Or was it somebody else's?
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby Nutter » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:28 pm

Thanks Doug, there were 4 models involved in 3 different materials and all other peoples designs
None were designed by members of this forum.

Nutter

Postby dkightley » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:34 pm

Isn't there a mechanism to contact the designer so you can advise them their model won't print? Not sure is Shapeways do it automatically or not....they ought to!
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Postby ivanf » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi Mike,

when a model is rejected the designer gets an email and you'll be given a credit on the website that you can use next time you buy something.

you can email customer services and they'll refund you.

- at least that's how it worked the last time I tried.
ivanf

Postby Nutter » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:12 pm

Turns out that the problem was with PayPal, they screwed up and froze my account because they thought the account was being miss used.
PayPal are now sorting out the account but it could take a fortnight.
Does not help with my order- shapeways say until my PayPal account is sorted they can do nothing.

Nutter

Postby Mitchell » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:49 pm

ivanf wrote:when a model is rejected the designer gets an email and you'll be given a credit on the website that you can use next time you buy something.
you can email customer services and they'll refund you.

We stopped doing this a year ago, right now you only authorize a payment, when the model gets rejected (I'm sorry!) the authorization is voided and paypal will release the pending payment.
So the money doesn't actually go anywhere till the models do go into production.

@Nutter,
I'm sorry to hear you've had those issues, hope you'll be able to sort this out with paypal :(
Mitchell

Return to 3D Printing for T Gauge