Board index Talking T Gauge Forum 3D Printing for T Gauge

Here's the place for discussions about those 3D creations for Tguage...and lets not forget the trials and tribulations of designing and printing.

Viaduct sections....better late than never

Postby dkightley » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:18 pm

Some time ago, I was asked if I could produce some standard viaduct sections that could be used with the basic track sections. I did so....and I believe a couple of shots of samples appeared on the forum...posted by Jim Rusk.

I've recently actually got a bit further with the set following Jim asking me to supply him with some for his small ready-built layouts. So far, I have finalised single trach versions that will fit underneath each of the four 30 degree curved tracks and the 30mm long and 60mm long straights. Here's a couple of shots of a 120mm rad ius curved section and a 30mm long straight section......with and without inserts fitted that hold flexible track.
IMG_3561_red.JPG
IMG_3561_red.JPG (55.69 KiB) Viewed 296 times
IMG_3558_red.JPG
IMG_3558_red.JPG (49.41 KiB) Viewed 296 times

I can't show track sections in these viaduct sections....as I don't have any spare track sections laying about!! But take my word that the viaduct will take them!

I hope to have them added to the shop in the next week ……….followed by twin track versions.
Doug Kightley
Webmaster here and volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
dkightley

Re: Viaduct sections....better late than never

Postby gbtrains » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi Dough
You have done well on these viaduct sections.

It took me quite a while to print off my viaduct sections for the Ribblehead in double track mode without track channels so that you can have it either single or double track laying.

hop eto see some soon then. :D

Regards
Graham
gbtrains

Postby jesse6669 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:04 pm

Good looking modular viaduct, could pass for brick, stone or poured concrete when painted!
jesse6669

Postby Nutter » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:54 pm

one month later still waiting to see them in the shop with prices :D :?
Mike
DON'T knock it at least I am trying to do something, with only one good hand.
Nutter

Return to 3D Printing for T Gauge